8. The facilities should always be left clean and in order. The refrigerator and microwave should be wiped down & thoroughly cleaned. Cleaning materials, a broom and a vacuum are available for your use if necessary. If professional cleaning is necessary, the renter will be billed for this.
9. There is to be no trash or garbage left in the building. Do not leave perishable items in the refrigerator or cabinets. There is a trash receptacle in the front of the building.
10. You will be responsible for you own paper products and items such as cups, plates, silverware, coffee, cream, sugar, etc. There is a coffeepot available for use, upon request.
11. Alcohol is allowed in the building, but it must stay inside the facility at all times. If a cash bar is held, the licensee is responsible for meeting all liquor license requirements. A copy of the liquor license will need to be supplied to the Caney Valley Historical Society a minimum of one week in advance of the event. The Historical Society is not responsible for meeting any requirements for a liquor license or the sale of alcohol for an event.
12. All furniture shall be replaced as it was found.
13. All lights are to be turned off. The heating and air conditioning unit is to be turned down or up as the season requires (heat 65 degrees; air 78 degrees) before leaving.
14. Do not tape or tack anything on walls or windows. Chalkboard, Easel, and podium are available for your use upon request.
15. The cabinets that line the walls contain Museum property. Please do not open or disturb.
16. No tablecloths or linens will be provided. Vintage tea cups and & saucers, punch bowls, glass cups & plates are available for use upon request. If used, they must be washed, dried and returned to their storage place.
17. Please refrain from plugging in multiple roasters/crock pots in the main room. Those circuits are not designed to carry that electrical load and may throw a breaker. Please utilize the outlets in the kitchen, which are designed for those items and are on their own breakers.