Boyz to Men Mentoring Program
YOUTH MENTEE GUIDELINES/INSTRUCTIONS (To Be Completed by the Youth)
1. be dependable and punctual! If you will be late or absent, please notify the mentor as soon as possible.
2. Never put yourself into situations that could be perceived as inappropriate. Meet in public places as much as possible. Examples- - never be in a home alone with your mentor. Never be in a bedroom or bathroom with you mentor.
3. Absolutely NO photos or sharing of information can be shared on social media
4. Refer concerns to your guardian/contact person.
5. Never take any kind of medication (i.e., aspirin) from a mentor.
6. Smoking, drinking or drug use is not permitted while with a mentor.
7.Respect mentors privacy. When meeting and talking with mentor in public, avoid talking about private matters where others can hear.
8. Respect cultural and social differences and religious beliefs. Do not try to change them, but instead accept them as they are. Avoid imposing your own upon them.
9. Do not travel with your mentor without written consent from your parent/guardian.
10. Make any promises sparingly and keep them faithfully.
11. Mentor/mentee assignments may be changed if either the mentor or mentee request it.
12. Please do not carry weapons of any kind when spending time with your mentor.