A practical, hands-on cooking program where participants will learn the basics of safe food handling, cutting, cooking and preparing meals with inclusions
The online cooking program is designed to assist participants to build practical skills required to succeed in the kitchen. Each week participants will be supported to build their knowledge and skills in cooking based activities, with weekly educational topics, a recipe to cook and self-reflection. The group based program is designed by our team of occupational therapists and delivered online by trained allied health assistants to build confidence and independence in the kitchen. The program includes relevant tools required for the program and an additional resource pack to support participation and safety in cooking tasks.
- 1x orientation/introductory session prior to program commencement.
- 6x online cooking sessions delivered by TPP staff
- Resource pack that includes relevant tools to complete sessions
- Weekly grocery items delivered to your door
- Pre and post program goal setting
- Outcome report
Develop friendships with like minded peers in the community
Learn cutting, peeling, measuring, following instructions, budgeting, meal planning and cleaning up
Improves confidence in the kitchen and willingness to take on more responsibilities in household tasks
- 4:30pm - 5:15pm, every Thursday
- Program runs for a 7 week duration (commencing second week of each term. Week 1 is an introduction to the program and cooking will commence week 2)
Please note: This online cooking program requires access to a Thermomix