1. Advertising Device Permits are granted for a six-month period. Customers may elect to retain an annual permit, upon application, for an additional fee.
2. Please include a photo of the advertisement design when submitting your permit application.
3. Permits are valid once payment is received.
4. Your permit must be approved prior to the installation of said device(s).
5. Advertising devices cannot be placed within 10 feet from the outer edge of any highway, except for the DPW Designated locations.
6. Advertising devices can only be placed at DPW designated locations or on private property with written permission.
7. Advertising devices must not block motorists’ visibility of the roadway, traffic signs, informational signs, or other devices at designated locations.
8. All advertising devices must be no larger than 4 FEET X 4 FEET.
9. All advertising devices must be affixed to a post and securely erected in the ground.
10. Advertising devices cannot be attached to, or placed on, any of the following: traffic signs, traffic signals, utility poles, highway medians, trees, walls, government buildings, curbs, or guardrails.
11. Advertisers must properly maintain their devices throughout the duration of the permitting period.
12. Advertisers are responsible for the installation and removal of devices in a timely manner.
13. The department has imposed a limit on the number of signs placed at each location; device permits will be approved on a first come, first serve basis.
14. The department reserves the right to remove any advertising device for any regulation violation. Future permitting will be affected for violators.