1. Advertising Device Permits are granted for a six-month or annual period.
2. Permits are valid when payment is received.
3. Your permit must be approved prior to the installation of said device(s).
4. Please include a photo of the advertisement design when submitting your permit application.
5. Advertising devices cannot be placed within 10 feet from the outer edge of any highway, except for the DPW Designated locations.
6. Applicants requesting to place advertising devices on private property must present written permission from the property owner.
7. Advertising devices:
Must not depict lewd imagery or language.
Must not block motorists’ visibility of the roadway, traffic signs, informational signs, or other devices at designated locations.
Must be no larger than 4 FEET X 4 FEET.
Must be affixed to a post and securely erected in the ground.
Cannot be attached to, or placed on, any of the following: traffic signs, traffic signals, utility poles, highway medians, trees, walls, government buildings, curbs, or guardrails.
Must be properly maintained throughout the duration of the permitting period.
8. Advertisers are responsible for the installation and removal of their devices.
9. The department will give one courtesy call and/or email prior to sign expiration. The customer must either remove their sign or submit a new application prior to the permit’s expiration date. If the sign is not removed, DPW will remove the sign for a fee.
10. The department reserves the right to remove any advertising device for any regulation violation. Future permitting will be affected for violators. Advertising devices are placed at designated locations at owner’s risk. The Department of Public Works is not responsible for damage to said property.