First played in 2017, Women’s State Cup was established as a strategic initiative in Northern NSW Football’s 2016-2019 Strategic Plan as a development opportunity for local Herald Women’s Premier League (WPL) and community league players.
In 2022, Northern NSW Football, in collaboration with the NNSWF Indigenous Reference Group, will select a represententive Indigenous team to compete in the Women's State Cup.
* This team will be inelgible to compete for the Community Plate
9 May - Expression of Interests Open
23 May - Expression of Interest Closes (Coaches)
23 May - Expression of Interest Closes (Players)
23 - 30 May - Trials Held (if necessary)
30 May - Squads Announced
8/9/10 July - Tournament Dates
To be eligible for the NNSWF Women's State Cup team you must:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Identify as Female
- Be turning 15 or older in the 2022 Calendar year
- Be a registered football player within the national PlayFootball registration system to a NNSWF affiliated club
- Provide a Club Letter of Support