Sporting Days Farm Equine Waiver & Release Form
1. Participant understands that there are risks inherent in dealing with horses and ponies (equine activity). For example, Participant understands the some of the inherent risks include:
a. The propensity of an equine to behave in ways that may result in injury, death, or loss of persons on or
around the equine;
b. The unpredictability of an equine’s reaction to sounds, sudden movements, unfamiliar objects, persons,
or other animals:
c. That there maybe hazards, including, but not limited to, surface or subsurface conditions;
d. The possibility of a collision with another equine, another animal, a person, or an object:
e. The potential of an equine activity Participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury, death, or loss to the person of the Participant or to other persons, including, but not limited to, failing to maintain control over an equine or failing to act within the ability of the Participant.
2. With full understanding of the inherent risks involved with equine activity, some of which have been described in Paragraph 1 above, Participant agrees to waive, release and hold harmless Joannah Hall Glass from all
tort and civil liability arising from or related to participation in equine activity. This agreement to waive, release and hold harmless includes not only Joannah Hall Glass but their employees, agents, independent contractors whether they be trainers, veterinary personnel, farrier’s equine care providers and maintenance personnel and the like.
3. Participant further understands the examples of the equine activity taking place on or with the equine, including, but not limited to:
a. Riding, jumping, showing, competitions, fairs, trade shows, trail riding, and the like:
b. Teaching, instruction, and the evaluation, both the rider and the equine;
c. Routine care and feeding of the equine (Boarding), including veterinary and farrier;
d. Traveling, loading and unloading of equines;
e. Breeding activity, both natural and artificial.
4. This Voluntary Waiver Agreement is made and entered into the State of South Carolina and Shall be enforced and interpreted under the courts and laws of the State of South Carolina.
5. WARNING Under South Carolina law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for injury to of death of a participant in an equine activity resulting from and inherent risk of equine activity, pursuant to Article 7, Chapter 8 of Title 47, Code of Law of South Carlina, 1976.
6. By signing this waiver, Participant agrees that participant has been given sufficient time to read, understand, and ask question, if any, concerning the nature and scope of this Voluntary Waiver Agreement