Towards a healthy lifestyle - Promoting oral health with the individual in mind
Presented by Michaela von Geijer, DDS & Lina Kanters, MSc, RDH
You must achieve a passing score of 80% on the ten content questions related to the course you just viewed. If you do not pass on the first try, you do have the opportunity to try again. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1. What are the WHO (World Health Organization) recommendations regarding physical activity?
Exercise every day
150 minutes of moderate intensity or 75 minutes of high intensity physical activity per week
7 minutes of high intensity physical activity per day
2. How much of your vitamin D uptake comes from your diet?
3. How is vitamin D connected to oral health?
It prevents caries
It’s essential for bone density, bone turnover, and the immune system
It stimulates saliva secretion
4. If you want to increase your intake of vitamin D, what should you eat?
Fruit and vegetables
Fish, eggs and meat
5. Which diet, in the study by Eberhard, had the most positive influence on oral health outcomes?
Omnivorous high-fat diet
Omnivorous high-carbohydrate diet
Semi-vegetarian high-fat diet
6. What is good to keep in mind when it comes to personality type D (Dominance) people when completing oral hygiene instruction?
They can be a bit reserved
They tend to be late
They appreciate direct and efficient communication
7. A person that uses an emotion focused coping strategy normally...
denies the severity of their situation
seeks information about their situation
looks for ways to solve a problem
8. What’s an effective way to gather information about your patient’s oral hygiene routine?
9. What can be a barrier to adopting healthier behaviors?
Living in an urban area
There are too many good shows on TV
Motivation and knowledge
10. What’s one benefit of improving periodontal health?
Reduced low-grade systemic inflammation
Improved running capability
Type a question
6 Evaluation Questions
No wrong answers!
1. Course objectives were accomplished.
2. Course content was up-to-date, useful, and well-organized.
3. Instructor demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge of the subject.
4. Course administration was efficient and convenient.
5. Overall, I would rate this course.
6. Please note any additional comments.
Should be Empty: