Newport News Public Library (NNPL) is hosting a Local Author Showcase on Saturday, November 5, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Main Street Library (110 Main Street, Newport News, VA 23601). Each participating published and self-published author will have a table set up to sell and sign their books and talk to attendees.
By submitting this application, I understand that:
- Authors must reside in the Hampton Roads area.
- NNPL will not purchase a copy of my book. I must donate one copy of my book for possible inclusion in NNPL’s Local Author Collection. Additional books may be donated and will be used as giveaways during the Showcase.
- My book must be in print. eBook authors who do not have a printed copy of their book to sell are not eligible.
- I must be willing and legally able to sell my books at the Showcase.
- I am solely responsible for all aspects of my book sales, including, but not limited to, providing change and/or a credit card reader. NNPL does not handle sales.
- NNPL will supply one table and two chairs. I must bring all the other supplies. I may not hang items on the wall; all items must fit on my table.
- If selected to participate, I agree to stay for the duration of the event and to let NNPL know as soon as possible if I am accepted and find that I am unable to attend. Participants will receive detailed instructions for the day of the Showcase (setup, takedown, etc.) after selections have been made.
- I will provide NNPL with a headshot and an image of the cover of my book within one week of notification. I agree to allow NNPL to use these items as free promotional materials for the event.
- Space is limited; NNPL reserves the right to accept or deny applicants at its sole discretion.
- All applications are due no later than July 31, 2022.
- All applicants will be notified of selections in an email by August 29, 2022. Selected authors will need to complete a contract to secure their spot at the Showcase.
- NNPL is hosting this event but does not in any way support or not support the subject matter of my book. This event is intended to be a way for local authors to present their creative literature.