37th Annual Watermelon Festival
August 25-28th, 2022 Non-Profit Vendor Application
1. Non-Profit vendors will be allowed to set-up on Saturday, August 28th from 8am to 6pm.
2. Organizations from Winterville will be allowed to set-up at no cost. To be considered a Winterville Organization, the organization must be located within Winterville City Limits.
3. Organizations not from Winterville will be charged $100 for a space.
4. You can distribute literature about your organization, have a raffle, or sell non-food items to help raise funds. Non-profit organizations are not allowed to sell or give away food or drink items.
5. All organizations will be given one (1) 10 x 10' space. You will need to provide your own tables, chairs, and tent, if desired. (see #11 below) No electricity will be provided.
6. These spaces are limited and will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
7. Vendor booths must close at 6pm. All booths must be packed up and off site by 7pm. No exceptions!!!
8. All participants are required to operate throughout the vendor advertised hours. Participants that close/or depart early on Saturday may not be eligible to participate in future festivals.
9. All vendors must occupy the space provided and specified by the festival committee. No vendors can walk around to sell or give-away their items.
10. Vendors will be given one (1) parking pass. If additional parking is needed, additional parking will be available around or near the festival site. No parking is allowed on the festival site.
11. In Accordance with guidelines from the Winterville Building Inspections Department, "All tents MUST be secured to the ground with stakes or pegs that are embedded in the ground at or near the "legs" or poles of tent(s In lieu of pegs or stakes, a weight can be added to the base of each leg sufficient to withstand a significant wind gust can be used. This weight should be equivalent to 50 pounds for each leg of the tent". ALL VENDORS SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE THE 50 POUND WEIGHTS BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME AREAS THAT YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO DRIVE STAKES. IF YOU FAIL TO MEET THESE GUIDELINES, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SET-UP AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE.
12. Refunds: By applying for this festival, the vendor acknowledges and agrees that the Winterville Watermelon Festival shall not be obliged to issue refunds under any circumstances on vendor space rental. The Winterville Watermelon Festival is not liable or responsible for delays, cancelations or postponements of the Festival or events within the Festival due to inclement weather, war, government action, strikes, or other matters beyond our control.
If you are interested in participating in this year's festival, please complete the application below and forward it to the listed address by August 1", 2022. Make all checks and money orders payable to the Winterville Watermelon Festival Committee (WWFC Once approved, confirmation will be forwarded with additional information. If you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.