TOURNAMENT INFORMATION AND RULES
1. Entries must be at the Pomander Gate Tennis Club by Friday, June 17th at 12 noon – must include completed entry form, full payment of entry fees and BLTA membership (if applicable). Checks should be made payable to Pomander Gate Tennis Club.
2. The draw will take place at Pomander Gate Tennis Club on Tuesday, June 21st 2022.
3. The availability section of the entry form must be completed with the player’s normal working hours, and exceptions must be communicated to the committee BEFORE the draw. Minimal exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the Tournament Referee. If there are no times listed then it is assumed that the player is available and may be scheduled at any time.
4. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to restrict the number of events entered if a player has excessive availability problems. Players are restricted to a maximum of three events (between both tennis and pickleball tournaments) and may be scheduled to play once in each event on the same day. Players who do not expect to be available up to and including finals day must NOT enter the tournament.
5. B events are intended for those who would not expect to win a match in the A's; the Referee reserves the right to exclude any entrant from a B event. A and B events do not significantly overlap, nor do Senior and Doubles. Eligible players may enter both if desired.
6. Matches will be played at Pomander Gate Tennis Club and commence at 5:30 pm weekdays (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 5pm weekends (Saturday & Sunday). Matches will be scheduled during the day where possible; Senior events will be scheduled in daylight if possible.
7. Each day’s schedule of play will be posted in the Clubhouse and on the PGTC website www.pgtc.bm. We hope to email it out each night too, however it is the responsibility of each player to find out when they are scheduled to play.
8. During the tournament, the Tournament Desk telephone number is 236-5400. This will only be answered weekdays 9-12 and 15 minutes before and after matches are scheduled to be on court. We recommend all after-hours enquiries be directed to email@example.com. In an emergency , call the tournament director (Ian Gordon) at 336-2446.
9. All players must check in at the Tournament Desk dressed, equipped and ready to play at the scheduled time. The Game Penalty System for lateness will be in effect throughout the Tournament.
10. The Tournament Referee is empowered to take whatever measures deemed necessary in the interest of the Tournament, including defaulting competitors without the Committee, Club, Sponsor or Referee being in any way liable. Roving Umpires may be used throughout the Tournament.
11. All A Singles matches will be best 2 out of 3 tie-break sets. All other events will play two regular tie-break sets with match tiebreak in lieu of the 3rd set.
12. Players will be expected to play in acceptable tennis attire and regulation tennis shoes. Any player who appears on court dressed in a manner deemed inappropriate by the Referee will be liable for default.
13. All players are entitled to a maximum of 5 minutes warm up with their opponent.
14. Code of Conduct – The Committee will not tolerate BAD MANNERS, RACQUET THROWING, BAD LANGUAGE, CHEATING, or POOR SPORTSMANSHIP! The BLTA code of conduct will be in effect throughout the Tournament. Any tournament official has the right to warn any player should he/she not conform to the required standards; and after such a warning, default the player should he/she commit a second offence. The Tournament is sanctioned by the BERMUDA LAWN TENNIS ASSOCIATION and will be played under the Rules of Tennis as approved by the International Tennis Federation. The number of seeds is at the discretion of the Referee.
15. COVID Precautions – The tournament committee is committed to ensuring that the tournament site complies with all government COVID-related protocols that are in place during the tournament. All Players for both Tennis and Pickleball must enter the tournament site via the Pomander Gate Tennis Clubhouse where they will be checked in prior to play.
16. Privacy Notice
When you register for the tournament, we may collect the following information from you: first name, last name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, payment information, partner name, BLTA number. We use this information to provide you with tournament services.
If you communicate or correspond with us by email, via telephone or through other forms of communication, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your inquiry; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
· To vendors or third parties who deliver or provide services, or otherwise act on our behalf or at our direction;
· To our volunteers and board members to provide our services;
· When we believe it is necessary to cooperate with law enforcement or in response to a government request, including if specifically requested or required, as otherwise permitted by law.
For any personal data we collect, we will retain the personal data for as long as is needed for the purposes of planning, running, and closing out the tournament, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as legal, accounting, or other purposes). When we have no justifiable business need to process your personal data, we will delete it.
We use reasonable measures to safeguard your personal data under our control. We cannot guarantee, however, that your information will remain secure. The Internet is by its nature a public forum, and we encourage you to use caution when disclosing information online. Often, you are in the best situation to protect yourself online.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal data, please email Pomander Gate Tennis Club Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org