POTENTIAL RISKS - I understand that no exercise program is without inherent risks regardless of the care taken by a personal trainer and that my personal safety cannot be guaranteed by my personal trainer. I realise that when participating in any exercises, particularly those that induce cardiovascular stress, there is a slight chance of serious injury (e.g. heart attack, stroke, or other cardiovascular accidents) or catastrophic incident (e.g. death, paralysis). Likewise, I know that engaging in strength building and other fitness activities sometimes results in minor injuries (e.g. bruises, strains and sprains).
POTENTIAL BENEFITS - I understand that regular exercise has been shown to have definite benefits to general health and well-being. I know that some of the benefits can include loss of weight, lowering of blood pressure, improvement of cardiovascular function, reduction in the risk of heart disease, improved flexibility balance and strength, improved posture.
PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITES - I understand that it is my responsibility to 1) fully disclose any health issues or medications that are relevant to participation in a low impact exercise class; 2) cease exercise and report promptly any unusual feelings (e.g. chest discomfort, nausea, difficulty breathing, apparent injury) during the exercise program; and 3) clear my participation with my GP.
CANCELLATION POLICY – I understand that there is a 24 hour cancellation policy and the full fee will be charged if a session is unattended or I cancel late. *unless due to Covid19
COVID -19 - I understand that I will not attend a personal training session if I am presenting Covid19 symptoms.
In agreeing to this exercise program:
· I acknowledge that my participation is completely voluntary at my own risk.
· I understand the potential physical risks involved in the exercise program and believe that the potential benefits outweigh those risks.
· I give consent to certain physical touching that may be necessary to ensure proper technique and body alignment.
· I understand that the achievement of health or fitness goals cannot be guaranteed.
· I have been able to ask questions regarding any concerns I might have and have had those questions answered to my satisfaction.
· I am in good physical condition, have no impairment which might prevent my participation in such activities, and have been advised to consult with a GP prior to beginning this class.
· I have been advised to cease activity immediately if I experience unusual discomfort and feel the need to stop.