Cheap n’ Tacky Gallery is officially one year old and is seeking artwork for its “Just Wrong Enough” show to be included in an exhibition at the July 1st, 2022 Cheap n’ Tacky Gallery.
Work should reflect a punkish menatlity, be just off a bit... off.
Entry Application Deadline: June 22, 2022
This exhibition is open to all representational artists in the metro LA area.
Entry Application, Artwork Submission, and Fees must be completed on jotform: Log in, and click Enter this Show at the top or bottom of this page to begin your entries.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & OFFICIAL PROSPECTUS
Complete the “Entry Application”, “submit images” of your art for jury review and pay the entry fees.
Entry Fees are non-refundable. There will be no refunds for any reason. By entering the competition, you are confirming that you accept the refund policy.
SUBMISSION OF THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM AND FEE, ALONG WITH A SIGNED WAIVER FORM FOR ACCEPTED ART WORKS AT THE TAKE-IN, SHALL CONSTITUTE AGREEMENT WITH ALL CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PROSPECTUS.
This is a juried exhibition. Artists may submit digital images of their works to JOTFORM LINK HERE for the jury selection process. The entry fee is $27. Entry fees are non–refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
ACCEPTANCE IN THE EXHIBITION IS NOT GUARANTEED.
DATES & SCHEDULE
June 22, 2022 ENTRY DEADLINE: Completed Entry application with accompanying digital images and jury fee submitted
June 24 - 26, 2022 EXHIBITION ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: Artist’s work selected for the Exhibition will be notified by email
June 29th & 30th EXHIBITION ARTWORK TURN-IN DAYS: Hand-deliver your juror-accepted and ready-to-hang painting(s) between 3 pm – 6:30pm on Wed, June 29th or 4M – 6PM on, June 30 to the Cheap n’ Tacky Gallery at:
2201 Dominguez St.
Attn: Dave Harris
July 1st Just Wrong Enough Group Show: 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM Exhibition runs through July 9th
July 13 th ARTWORK PICK UP: Artists are responsible to arrange to pick up of their artwork at the Cheap n’ Tacky gallery between 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
LIABILITY: Artwork will be handled with the utmost care, and C&T (Cheap n;’ Tacky) will make every reasonable effort to keep all submitted artwork safe. However, Artists are responsible for insuring their artwork. C&T and its representatives are not responsible for loss, theft or damage of your artwork while in the organization’s possession or in transit, including those artworks sold during the exhibition. Submission of the online entry form and fee, along with a signed waiver form for accepted art works at the take-in, shall constitute agreement with ALL conditions set forth in this prospectus.
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List artwork size up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right - side - up.
ARTWORK ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. All artwork must be original, created by the named artist
2. Artist agrees to permit C&T to reproduce the accepted artwork for C&T publicity and documentation purposes.
Juried Exhibition Art Hanging Instructions
Juried art selected for the exhibition must comply with the following hanging instructions:
1. Only wall-hung artwork will be accepted.
2. All art must be delivered with a printed label attached to the back of the artwork specifying:
3. In addition, the artist’s name must be printed clearly on the back of the painting, stretcher bar or frame so the artwork can be identified in the event the label is inadvertently detached.
4. Submitted work should be correctly oriented (vertical or horizontal).
5. Revenue from Sales: Revenue from sales will be distributed as follows – 80% to the artist, 20 % to C&T — Artists are encouraged to offer their art for purchase. However, artwork may be listed as NFS (Not For Sale), but no “price on request.”
6. Delivered work must match the juried image. No substitutions of accepted works will be allowed.
7. All accepted work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
8. Prices quoted on the entry form may not be changed after acceptance.
9. Each piece of artwork must be original. No photographs or prints will be accepted.
Artwork will be handled with the utmost care, and C&T will make every reasonable effort to keep all submitted artwork safe. However, Artists are responsible for insuring their artwork. C&T and its representatives are not responsible for loss, theft or damage of your artwork while in the organization’s possession or in transit, including those artworks sold during the exhibition. Submission of the online entry form and fee, along with a signed waiver form for accepted art works at the take-in, shall constitute agreement with ALL conditions set forth in this prospectus.