OUR VISION WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE
Being positive caring members of our communities is an important part of who we are. The Harcourts Foundation enables us to better support our team in the way they wish to support their communities.
OUR CURRENT FOCUS
As our Purpose is “To provide support that helps, grows, and enriches our communities”, we have a clear focus on providing grants to reputable community-based charitable organisations which need funding for projects and initiatives designed to benefit as many people as possible.
- Because most of the funding for The Harcourts Foundation is generously provided by our Harcourts offices, we will only consider applications from groups for a specific event, project, item, or initiative where Harcourts has an office.
- Priority is also given to those areas where the Harcourts office is currently a financial contributor to The Harcourts Foundation (Note: many of our offices fund and support a huge range of community initiatives through their own offices as well as through The Harcourts Foundation).
- In the event that we receive more applications that meet the criteria than we have funds available, we will prioritise those applicants which demonstrate their grant will have the widest community impact.
Note - as we develop over time, our focus may change to reflect the focus and interests of those contributing to and guiding The Harcourts Foundation.
We look forward to growing the contributions we make to our communities and to funding as many applicants as possible, however please understand if we are unable to support your particular request.
Under the terms of the deed of the Harcourts Foundation and the taxation laws, the Harcourts Foundation can only make grants to organisations with BOTH Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR, Type 1) and Tax Concession Charity (TCC) status. TCC status was formerly called Income Tax Exempt Charity (ITEC) status.
Please ensure that your organisation has both DGR and TCC status before writing your application.
- An application for a grant must be for a specific event, project, item, or initiative.
- Events, projects, items or initiatives for which a grant is given must be scheduled to occur within four months of receiving the grant (payment will occur within 6 weeks of the end of the round applied within).
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
- If the grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, we will request that you return it so we can provide it to another group elsewhere.We may ask for supporting documents such as quotes etc.
- If you are a branch of an organisation where another branch has been successful in achieving a grant from us in the past, this does not mean you automatically qualify for a grant. Each application will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- If you are successful, please do not apply within the next 18 months, as we would like to assist other organisations.
- You may apply as a national or regional organisation, however your application must be for a specific community event, project, item, or initiative that fits the criteria.
- Please ensure you provide as much information as possible which supports your request and how you intend to use the grant.
Please do not apply if your grant request is for any of the following:
- Individual needs – our focus is on supporting as many people as possible within our communities.
- Overseas or other travel costs – (individuals or groups) unless a direct community benefit can be shown.
- Religious, political, or lobby causes/activities.
By submitting this application, you confirm that:
- All the requested and attached information supplied in the Application Form is true and correct.
- You acknowledge that such information will be used for the purposes of assessing your application for funding from The Harcourts Foundation.
- You have read, understood and accepted the guidelines listed above.
Grant Application Rounds
All applications are to be received by the end date of each round -
Round 57- 4 February 2022 to 3 May 2023
Round 58- 4 May 2023 to 3 August 2023
Round 59- 4 August 2023 to 3 November 2023
Round 60- 4 November 2023 to 3 February 2024
Applications are for projects or initiatives that are scheduled to occur after the end date of the round.
All grant applicants MUST:
- Complete ALL details in the Application Form, including your organisation’s ABN number
- Attach evidence of both Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR, Type 1) and Tax Concessional Charity (TCC) status for the applicant organisation
- Attach copies of ALL supporting documents including quotes
Any incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
If you have any issues or you do not receive a confirmation email after submitting your application, please contact us.