The Parent/Guardian Agreement comprises three sections: the General Terms; the Privacy Notice and Consent; and the Assumption of Risk / Waiver / Indemnity and Release of Claims (collectively called “The Agreement”).
Other definitions used in The Agreement:
“The Hub” refers to The Hub Community Group LLC, t/a The Hub.
“The Hub Activities” refers to all activities operated, conducted or prepared by The Hub as part of The Hub's Digital World Traveler Camp from June 28 to June 30, 2022.
“Participant” refers to the child registered to participate in The Hub Activities.
Please read all three sections of The Agreement carefully and completely before completing your registration.
Section I: General Terms
1. The invoice must be paid in full before the Participant can participate in The Hub Activities.
2. Refund policy: If The Hub Activities must be cancelled for any reason by The Hub, a full refund will be issued. If the Participant cannot participate in The Hub Activities for any other reason, The Hub cannot offer a refund.
3. The Participant needs to have a working computer with a webcam, microphone, Internet browser, Zoom software, and access to Google Docs and word-processing software, as well as a working knowledge of how to use these tools.
4. In consideration of the Participant being allowed to participate in The Hub Activities, it is agreed that they will need to be a good digital citizen, as follows:
Post and participate online responsibly, and in a manner that is considerate of others. The Hub has zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or discrimination of any kind, including cyberbullying, which includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else, or sharing personal/private information about someone else. Bullying of any kind may result in expulsion from The Hub Activities without a refund.
Being mindful of privacy settings and online safety.
Section II: Privacy Notice and Consent
1. If a Participant is under the age of 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires The Hub to provide parental/guardian notification and obtain parental/guardian consent before collecting personal information from the Participant. In order for the Participant to participate in The Hub Activities, certain personally identifying information, including the Participant’s first name, last name, mailing address and email address must be provided to The Hub.
Section III: Assumption of Risk / Waiver / Indemnity and Release of Claims
1. I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Participant, and I confirm that all information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
2. I hereby give my approval for the Participant to participate in The Hub Activities, regardless of whether the activities are online or in person.
3. I also acknowledge that I understand that it is not possible for The Hub to guarantee absolute safety from risks that include physical and emotional harm while participating in The Hub Activities. Although The Hub facilitates or moderates some of The Hub Activities, there might be periods of time when the Child will be online or offline without an adult moderator or facilitator supervising their actions.
4. I assume all risk and hazards incidental to the conduct of The Hub Activities, and release, absolve and hold harmless The Hub and all its respective officers, agents, subsidiaries, contractors and representatives from any and all liability for injuries to the Participant arising out of participating in The Hub Activities.
5. I hereby grant permission to The Hub or a third party designated by The Hub to photograph and capture video and audio of the Participant during The Hub Activities. The Hub may use such images and recordings, without compensation and without time limitations, for any educational, promotional, archival, or other standard organizational purpose, worldwide, in any media including social media platforms now known or later developed.
6. I acknowledge that the Participant has no expectation of privacy while participating in The Hub Activities. (The Hub recommends that parents/guardians of Participants encourage Participants not to electronically post information that the Participant or the family might want kept private.)
By submitting this form, I certify that I have read and understood all three sections of this Agreement, and have voluntarily signed the same.