This is a private range for STMTC members, marksmanship competitors and event guests.
1. Except on match days/events, all STMTC members and their guests must check-in at the Blackhawk range office before proceeding to the STMTC range area. The office opens at 9 am and no centerfire firearms are to be fired before 9 am.
2. No alcoholic beverages shall be consumed on the STMTC range or parking area.
3. The speed limit is 10 mph on all range roads.
4. The STMTC/Blackhawk range is closed on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Other closure dates will be announced.
5. Match shooting and marksmanship training take priority over all other shooting activities. STMTC members desiring to use the range for casual/practice shooting must yield the range to NRA, CMP, 4-H, or Olympic marksmanship activities and shoot only on the range master’s/match director’s orders.
6. Shooters and match friends and guests, not involved in active firing, must remain off the firing line; and refrain from making disturbing speech or noise.
7. All firing must be done from the regulation firing line “the covered cement area”; except on special occasions, to be approved by the match director on competition days or by the board of directors. All casual/individual shooters not engaged in match activities will shoot from the covered firing line only.
8. All firing must be done so that the bullets are stopped by the impact berm. Placement of targets shall ensure that the bullets do not go over the top of the earthen backstop berm. Shooters changing position from standing to sitting or to prone must ensure that the new position change does not result in a bullet going over the impact berm.
9. Firing at tin cans, bottles blocks of wood, rocks, spent brass or any non-regulation targets is not permitted under any conditions.
10. No rifle/shotgun shooting, of any caliber/gage, at targets placed in or near the pistol target carriages/frames or any rolling pistol mechanism.
11. All firing must be at regulation/standard paper targets mounted on frames provided for this purpose and placed at standard ranges ( 50 foot, 25 yards, 50 yards, and 100 yards)
12. STMTC directors, officers, or competition match directors have the authority to limit the type of cartridges fired by all shooters on the range during competition, casual shooting, or training activity days.
13. All firearms shall have ammunition, clips, or magazines removed and bolt, slides or cylinders open except when firing from the firing line. Empty Chamber Indicator (ECI) flags are required for all firearms.
14. When a firearm is being loaded/unloaded or after it is loaded it must be pointed toward the impact berm.
15. No shotgun firing, unless a shotgun is a part of an established course of fire for a competitive event and there is an assigned match director present. No casual/independent individual shotgun firing is allowed.
16. No fully automatic firearms at any time.
17. 7mm Magnum and similar more powerful magnum cartridges are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to 300 Winchester Magnum, 338 Lapua, and 50BMG.
18. Shooters must pick up their brass and place it in the brass can or remove their brass from the range.
19. Always keep the firearm pointed in a downrange safe direction.
20. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
21. Always keep the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
22. All standard NRA / CMP rules apply. Special STMTC range rules for use on this range may be applied as needed by the match directors, range master, or the STMTC board of directors.
23. The Blackhawk range management may specify any additional limiting rules governing the use of this STMTC range.
In consideration of being permitted entry to and/or use of “Premises” of the South Texas Marksmanship Training Center (STMTC) for whatever purpose, including, but not limited to, use of firearms by him/her and/or another, and with full knowledge that firearms are used and discharged on STMTC Premises, ___________________________________ (“Undersigned”) agrees to the following:
Undersigned agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend STMTC from any and all fault, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, demands, and/or lawsuits arising out of, related to, or in any way connected with, any and all actual or alleged acts or omissions of Undersigned in the course of Undersigned’s presence on and/or use of STMTC’s range, buildings, facilities, and land (together comprising “Premises”) including, but not limited to, Undersigned’s use of firearms.
Undersigned further waives for himself/herself and for his/her heirs, next of kin, assignees, personal representatives, administrators, and executors any and all rights and claims for damages, loss, costs, demands, and any other actions or claims whatsoever, which he/she may have or which may arise against STMTC (including, but not limited to, damage to Undersigned’s property and/or any and all illnesses, injuries, including mental or emotional distress or anguish, and other damages, including death, suffered by Undersigned) which may in any way whatsoever arise out of, be related to, or be connected with the use of firearms on STMTC Premises by Undersigned and/or another.
STMTC shall not be liable for, and Undersigned, on behalf of himself/herself and on behalf of his/her heirs, next of kin, assignees, personal representatives, administrators, and executors, expressly releases STMTC and STMTC’s members, employees, and/or agents from any and all such claims and liabilities including, but not limited to, claims of actual or alleged negligence on the part of STMTC, its members, employees, and/or agents.
Undersigned acknowledges and agrees that the use of firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Undersigned expressly assumes the risk of being on STMTC Premises where firearms are used, and undersigned further expressly assumes the risk of discharging firearms by whoever discharged and the firing of live ammunition by himself/herself and/or another.
Undersigned expressly agrees that this agreement by him/her is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and that if any provision of this agreement is held invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired. No remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this agreement is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy, and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy now or hereafter existing at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or more remedies hereunder by STMTC shall not constitute any waiver of STMTC’s right to pursue other available remedies. This agreement binds Undersigned and his/her heirs, next of kin, assignees, personal representatives, administrators, and executors.
Undersigned acknowledges and agrees that Undersigned has read this agreement and he/she understands its terms and is executing this agreement voluntarily. Undersigned also acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understands, and will at all times abide by all range rules and procedures and any other rules and procedures stated by STMTC.