Waiver of Liability
Please carefully read this waiver and fully understand it before you sign.
This Waiver of Liability (the “Waiver”) executed on this 18th day of June, 2022, by the individual(s) listed below (“Participant(s)(s)”) in favor of KANSAS LAND TRUST, Inc. (KLT), a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Kansas, USA, in Lawrence, Kansas, and both of their directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, “KLT”). I/We, the Participant(s), desire to engage in a nature walk. I/We hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Waiver under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I/We, the Participant(s), release and forever discharge and hold harmless KLT and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my action as a Participant(s) with KLT. I/We understand and acknowledge that this Waiver discharges KLT from any liability or claim that I/We, the Participant(s), may have against KLT with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation on this nature walk. I/We also understand that KLT does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. Insurance. I/We, the Participant(s), understand that I/We expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of KLT beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of KLT in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. Medical Treatment. I/We hereby release and forever discharge KLT from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my time with KLT.
4. Assumption of the Risk. I/We hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release KLT from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with KLT.
5. Photographic Release. I/We grant and convey unto KLT all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by KLT during my walk with KLT, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. I/We expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Kansas in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable. I/We have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. By signing this agreement, I/We understand that I/We that I/We have given up legal rights and that this is a binding legal document.