Notice of Records Format
If requested records are stored in a digital format, CDE will provide that record in the format it was stored, unless providing records in the current format would violate copyright, licensing agreements, or would release information listed under below listed exceptions. In such cases, records may be printed to be reviewed for redaction or denial.
WPSD will make every effort to produce requested records within three days of receipt.
Notice of Potential Fees
The first hour of staff time researching and retrieving CORA requested records and up to 25 pages of printing will be provided without cost. Record requests broad in scope, lacking specificity, or voluminous in nature may result in additional time to process. WPSD will charge the requestor for all copying expenses in excess of 25 pages at a rate of $0.25 per page and actual costs associated with researching and retrieval in excess of one hour at a rate of $33.58 per hour.
If a CORA request requires more than simple retrieval of records (such as technical expertise to compile, synthesize, or reconfigure data; or legal expertise in order to ensure compliance with confidentiality requirements) WPSD will provide an advanced notice and estimate of compliance cost.
Estimated costs must be paid in full before the production of records.
Notice of Exceptions
Records are subject to denial or redaction for instances such as:
- Any investigatory files compiled for any law enforcement purpose;
- Test questions, scoring keys, and other examination data pertaining to administration of a licensing examination, examination for employment, or academic examination;
- Specialized details of security arrangements or investigations;
- Medical, mental health, sociological, and scholastic achievement data on
- individual persons;
- Personnel files;
- Letters of reference;
- Addresses and telephone numbers of students in any public elementary or secondary school;
- Library records disclosing the identity of a user;
- Any records of sexual harassment complaints and investigations; or
- Records protected under the common law governmental or "deliberative process" privilege;
- Personally identifiable information that is confidential pursuant to state or federal law;
- Information protected by Colorado's Student Data Transparency and Security Act;
- FERPA-protected information;
Records otherwise protected unless otherwise provided by law.
The information you are seeking may already be available on our website or elsewhere online. If you are looking for financial records, please visit our financial transparency page before submitting your request.