In order to have and maintain a high-quality band program, attendance from all members is essential. While the RHS band follows all school and district policies and procedures, the following additional guidelines outline the attendance procedures and policies for the RHS band. These attendance guidelines also apply to activities held outside of the school day. Grades are given for punctuality and attendance. Additionally, consequences and interventions related to attendance and punctuality are outlined on the Handbook Acknowledgement Signature Page.
- Members are expected to attend all rehearsals and performances. This includes outside-of-school rehearsals, class rehearsals, sectionals, masterclasses, clinics, pep rallies, concerts, contests, and/or meetings.
- Families should avoid scheduling appointments at the same time as rehearsals and performances. Refer to the Rouse Band Calendar for scheduled rehearsal and performance dates/times.
- Excusal from any rehearsal must be approved through this form. Absences from rehearsals must be requested at least 1 week in advance if they are not due to illness.
- Excusal from any performance must be approved through this form. Absences from performances must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance if they are not due to illness.
- In the event that a family circumstance or situation creates difficulty getting transportation to the rehearsal, the student should first utilize resources such as contacting others in their section or within the performing group to secure a ride from another parent prior to submitting an absence excusal form.
Note that submitting an absence request is not an automatic excusal from rehearsal.