Libraries as Bridges "Stories from the Field" Questionnaire
Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. The following questions are about civic-related programs, initiatives, partnerships, etc. that you've hosted at your library.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and your library.
2. Briefly describe the civic-related program, service, or offering you want to share with the Libraries as Bridges community: What was / is it? Who was the target audience, and who attended? What activities did it include?
3. What community need or opportunity was your program trying to address?
4. How did your offering aim to address that need / opportunity?
5. Describe key moments from the program planning / design / preparation phase. What resources did it take to make your program happen?
6. What were the top (1-3) challenges you encountered along the way, either in planning for your program, or during the program itself? How did you overcome those challenges?
7. What civic impact did your program have on your community? Please describe ways in which it positively impacted attendees’ civic knowledge, civic attitudes, or civic behaviors.
(Civic knowledge refers to our patrons’ understanding of their world and how it is shaped. It includes civics and history education, along with information and media literacy. Civic attitudes include our patrons’ hope in our democracy and trust in its institutions, sense of belonging and connection to others, and sense of agency to effect change. Civic behaviors cover the influence our patrons can have on their communities, including voter participation, advocacy and activism, and meaningful involvement in public decision-making and systems of power.)
8. What else resulted from your program? E.g. key lessons learned, experimentation with new program models or ways of working.
9. Looking back on it now, is there anything you wish you had done differently?
10. What advice would you give someone interested in trying a similar program at their library?
Should be Empty:
Now create your own Jotform - It's free!
Create your own Jotform