Claim your 1.0h CE/CME Credit Here
What best describes your title?
Non-Clinician Research Coordinator
cardiologist (heart failure)
emergency medicine specialist
critical care specialist
primary care provider
Where are you based?
How did you FIRST hear about our tweetorials?
found it on Twitter searching in subject area
found it on twitter searching for CE/CME
found it on Twitter by following individual influencer
found it on Twitter by following institutional influencer
How many years have you been in practice?
How many patients do you typically see each month?
1. Which of the following is/are true of TKV measured by MRI?
TKV is a prognostic biomarker approved by regulatory agencies and could be estimated by the nephrologist
Baseline height-adjusted TKV predicts GFR ⬇️(each 100 ml/m ➡️1.48x ⬆️odds of CKD development w/in 8y
Age-adjusted Ht-TKV estimates intrinsic rate of TKV growth; only 1 measurement needed
All of the Above
2. A 28y/o male recently diagnosed with ADPKD asks you if you could predict his genotype since his mother reached ESKD at age 54 and Grandfather at age 48. You tell him:
Unable to predict
Likely PKD1 mutation since at least one family member reached ESKD before 55
likely PKD2 mutation
likely GANAB-related disease
3. Later, the same patient asks if his kidney ultrasound (showing kidney length 18 cm) gives you enough information to predict his renal outcome. You tell him what?
Kidney USs don't correlate w/TKV
Kidney lengths > 16.5cm in < 45yo predict CKD 3 w/in 8y w/sensitivity 85% specificity 92%
Kidney US would not mislabel atypical cases with few large cysts➡️large kidney length
Pts w/kidney < 16.5 cm will NOT➡️rapid progressor
4. Did you follow the entire tweetorial?
5. Did you find this to be an effective learning tool?
6. Will you refer colleagues to similar programs from @CKD_CE?
Title of Course
Should be Empty: