James Bay Children’s Chorus (Inspire and Emerge) Code of Conduct
James Bay Children’s Chorus will provide a fun, safe, welcoming environment for all involved by respecting each other and adhering to the following guidelines and rules for individual conduct at any JBCC rehearsal, performance or event:
James Bay Children’s Chorus respects the personal space of each member, and will not tolerate any harassment (be it emotional, physical, verbal or sexual) or abuse. This includes any actions and behaviours of singers, parents and guardians that jeopardize the safety and well-being of the participants, leader(s) or the group.
James Bay Children’s Chorus is a valuable opportunity for all participants. We need to treat this gift with the greatest respect. JBCC participants show their respect by making every effort to attend and be on time for all rehearsals, performances and community building activities.
NB: Both groups in this choir will be involved in activities and performances throughout the year. Photos and videos may be taken by audience members, families and authorized people (e.g. festival photographers, etc.). These may sometimes be used for publicity, which will help keep the choir growing and viable. Names of singers will NOT be included with any photos.
Covid protocols will continue until Covid-19 is no longer considered a pandemic, and therefore not a threat to the health of community members. We will now rehearse in-person, with a Zoom option available for those who can’t attend because of illness or travel. Please read the following carefully:
- Do not attend in person if you are not feeling well.
- Participation on Zoom is an option if you are not feeling well or isolating because of Covid exposure.
- When participating on Zoom, keep your video on.
- Sanitize your hands upon entry and following use of the washroom.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Masks must be worn inside at all times.
- No parents/guardians inside the rehearsal area, except one assigned person per session to help with supervision and cleaning.