Application for EmploymentBalkema Excavating1500 River Street Kalamazoo, MI 49048
I certify that I have read and understand the application and that all statements contained herein are true. I further understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.
Should I receive a conditional offer of employment, I give my consent for the Company, through an authorized testing service of its choice, to collect blood, urine, hair and/or other substances from me and to conduct any other necessary medical tests to determine the presence of alcohol, drugs, or controlled substances, and I release the Company from any liability arising out of such test or its results. Further, I give my consent for the release of the test results and other relevant medical information to authorized Company management for appropriate review. I understand that decisions concerning my employment may be made as a result of these tests. If I am accepted for employment by the Company, I consent to be tested in the above manner during my employment when, in the Company's judgment, such testing is appropriate, and I acknowledge that remaining free of illegal drug use and complying with the Company's substance abuse policy is a condition of my employment.
There are a number of company policies that an applicant needs to know about and agree to before being employed. There also are a number of activities that this company may want to investigate as a part of the review and investigation of the appropriate background information on an applicant. The purpose of this document is to present these policies and investigative activities to the applicant to ensure that they are understood and agreed to at the time the application is submitted.
We, therefore, ask that you please read, complete, and sign this form before you complete the Application for Employment.
Among the policies that have been adopted at this company are the following which we believe are important for an applicant to know in advance of employment. These are listed below. Your signature on this Release Form indicates that you have read, understand, and would agree to operate under these policies and procedures.
1. This is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, height, weight, marital status, ancestry or veteran status.
2. This company is a drug and alcohol free workplace. To ensure worker safety and integrity of the workplace, we prohibit the illegal manufacture, possession, distribution or use of controlled substances or alcohol in the workplace by its employees or those who engage or seek to engage business. Offers of employment, therefore, may be conditioned on a physical examination, including a drug and alcohol screening.
3. Your signature on this Release Form indicates that you understand and agree that if employed, that employment is on an "at-will" basis, for no definite period, and may be terminated by you or this company at any time with or without reason or previous notice.
4. An offer of employment must originate from the company.
The following investigative activities may be conducted as part of the background review of prospective employees. Your signature on this Release Form indicates you understand these activities and you authorize them to be performed with the conditions specified as listed below.
1. Certain positions at this company may not be held by persons convicted of specific crimes; if applying for such a position, you authorize this company to undertake a criminal records check with state police officials.
2. You authorize this company to obtain a Motor Vehicle Record report. Our insurance company may also obtain a report through its sources. If the position you are applying for involves driving a motor vehicle, it is imperative that a good driving record exists.
3. You also authorize and request any and all of your former employers to furnish any and all information regarding your job performance. You agree to hold your former employers and their agents harmless from all liability which could relate in any way to the disclosure of private information or an assessment or opinion of your suitability for employment.
4. You understand that an offer of employment must originate from this company.