NYYC Women's Championship Regatta
WAIVER and RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the NYYC Women's Championship Regatta related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in the NYYC Women's Championship Regatta are significant, including the potential for damage, injury, permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participation in any regatta, event or Sonar charter, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, negligence, gross negligence, willfulness or intentional acts of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Club employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. I am familiar with and understand Racing Rules of Sailing rule 3, Acceptance of the Rules, and, in particular, rule 3, Decision to Race. I agree to uphold both the letter and spirit of the Racing Rules of Sailing with fair play and honesty, and show responsible conduct toward all race officers, umpires, judges, regatta volunteers, staff, fellow competitors and crew members. I will respect the property of the New York Yacht Club, its members, guests and fellow competitors.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators, successors, assigns and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the New York Yacht Club Regatta Association, Inc., New York Yacht Club, and all regatta sponsors, each of their officers, directors, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, including the Organizing Authority, Race Committee, Protest Committee, Umpires, volunteers, or any other affiliated organization or official, (collectively as "Releasees") WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.