1. I understand the purpose of signing this document is to exempt and release Hurly's Scuba Outpost, its Captain, Crew, Employees, Officers, Owners and Agents from any and all liabilities arising as a consequence of the following, or any
other acts or omissions on their part.
2. I am a good swimmer and in good health. I affirm that I am aware that boating, snorkeling, free diving and scuba diving can be hazardous activities which may result in serious personal injury or death.
3. I am aware that the sole responsibility of Hurly's Scuba Outpost, is to transport me to and from locations selected by them at their discretion and that they are not responsible for my safety while I am on the boat, off the boat or in the water
4. As a snorkeler or swimmer:
a. I am entering into this activity under my own free will.
b. I acknowledge that I am physically fit to snorkel and I will not hold any of the above named liable if I am
injured as a result of heart problems, lung problems, or other illnesses or medical problems which occur while or as a result of snorkeling.
c. I do not have in my possession any illegal drugs, nor am I taking, nor have I recently taken any drugs, alcoholic beverages
or medications which could cause an adverse reaction when combined with diving.
d. Prior to leaving the dock I will inspect all of my equipment to be used, and I will notify Hurly's Scuba Outpost, of any equipment which I find to not be functioning properly.
e. I will be present and attentive to the safety briefings given by the dive guide, crew, or the boat captain, and if there is anything that I do not understand or have been taught differently I will notify the captain or crew immediately.
f. I understand that I have a duty to plan and carry out my dive and to be responsible for my own safety and the safety of my buddy. I will remain with my buddy at all times.
g. I will immediately cease and abort my dive if I feel uncomfortable with my abilities and/or conditions are
worse than those for which I have been trained, or for which I am comfortable, or for which I have experience.
h. I am fully aware and have been trained in the dangers, risks and hazards of holding my breath while diving, and of the dangers associated with rapid ascents. I agree not to hold the above named individuals, entities or vessels
responsible for any such act by me.
k. I understand and am aware that the boat has limited medical capabilities, and that in the event of illness or injury, appropriate medical help must be summoned by radio, and that treatment will be delayed until I can be transported to a
proper medical care facility or recompression chamber. Aware of this information, I expressly wish to proceed with this trip.
5. I acknowledge this charter is NOT for the sole purpose of taking, attempting to take or possessing any marine life. I understand each diver is responsible for obtaining any individual licenses which may be required for such activity.
6. It is my intention by this instrument to give up my right to sue, and it is also my intention to exempt and relieve Hurly's Scuba Outpost
Hurly's Scuba Outpost, its Captain, Crew, Employees, Officers, Owners and Agents from any and all liability for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death caused by negligence and I assume all risk in connection with the boat ride, fishing,
swimming, snorkeling, or scuba diving activities.
7. I have read fully and understand this document in its entirety. I fully agree to the terms and conditions herein set forth on behalf of myself, my heirs, and my personal representatives. I understand that this is a contract.