The ACBF supports programs that assist in responding to the changing legal needs in the community at large and promote the public understanding, interest and support of legal-related issues. Our legal aid grants program has a new process designed to connect applicants with the legal community.
The ACBF is now offering fixed-amount grant awards to approved grantees. Each application cycle, there will be a set number of grant awards available at the same amount. This year, there are 6 grant awards available at $10,000 each.
The new grant application process involves two rounds: first, a Letter of Inquiry submitted online; second, an opportunity for invited applicants to pitch the program in-person to ACBF Fellows, who fund the grants program. Pitches will be delivered live at a private pitch event, and Fellows will vote on the programs they want to fund after hearing the pitches. Pitches will be limited to 3-5 minutes in length, and applicants are encouraged to think creatively on how to propose their program. Audio/Visual technology is not permitted for the pitches - please, no keynotes! Information from the LOI will be published for ACBF Fellows to review ahead of the pitch event to get a basic understanding of the organization and the proposed project/program.
The ACBF grant timeline will be as follows:
- August 1: Online Letter of Inquiry (LOI) form opens for submission
- Sept 12: Deadline for LOI submissions
- Mid-September: ACBF Grants Committee meets to vet applications for mission alignment
- September 25: Applicants receive notice of approval or denial to move to live pitch round
- October 25: Pitch event takes place; ACBF Fellows vote on proposals; grant recipients announced following the event
Please contact Stephanie Selya at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 402-6674 with any questions.
To begin your Letter of Inquiry, click NEXT.