THEMING YOUR ENTRY
The focus of the Parade is to celebrate our community and your groups contribution and role within it. We encourage you to think about how you can represent your group or business in the most colourful, effective and interesting way possible.
There is no theme in 2023 allowing groups to utilise pre-existing materials and costumes if desired.
Entries can be purpose-built floats, decorated vehicles, a mass collection of people marching together, floating objects…. put your thinking caps on and GET CREATIVE! The crowd would love to see some more floats!
All applications will be passed through criteria keeping the standard at a high level, so please include as much detail as you can within your application form.
Here are some theme ideas to brainstorm:
• A particular movie
• A popular video clip
• Something you love about Ballarat
• A season (ie: winter)
• A particular decade (ie: 70s)
• Anything starting with a letter of the alphabet
• A colour
• Aussie icons
• Rock gods
• Circus Performers
• Pirate, Cops & Robbers, Fairies
• Spooky, Space, Tropical, Jungle
• Hollywood Stars
• Ugly Sweater / Bad taste
There are so many simple ideas that could be easy, effective and cost-friendly, but if you are looking for some inspiration, check out the images from previous years on the Begonia Festival Facebook page or call event organisers.
COVID 19 Requirements
This is a COVIDSafe event held under the current government guidelines.
As a condition of participation/attendance, proof of vaccination status will be required for parade participants and spectators 12 + years and over.
You will also be required to:
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell
- Practice good hand and cough hygiene
- Wear a face covering if required
- Follow all reasonable safety instructions and attend pre-event briefing to address key safety measures; and
- Take care of your own wellbeing and that of others.