QUALIFICATIONS & RULES
1. Ages: 9 and under
2. Check-in Time will be at 8:15 a.m. (table at the back of the stage). The Talent Show will begin at 9:00
3. The Dress Code is completely optional, but attire MUST be in good taste and suitable for performance.
4. Contestants will be judged on Technique, Stage Presence and Overall Presentation.
5. No decorative or background props of any kind will be allowed. A prop MUST be used as a functional part of the contestant’s act.
6. Time Limit for each act is 3 minutes.
7. Contestants must furnish their own CD, that must contain ONLY the music needed for the performance or supply a digital copy one week prior to the performance. Playing a recording from a phone or other
digital devices for the performance is strictly prohibited. It is recommended that contestants bring a second CD to have in case of an emergency. All digital files should be sent to email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
8. ALL CDs should be clearly marked with contestant (s) name and music title.
9. All CD’s must be claimed immediately following the contest. The Faulkner County Fair Youth Talent Contest assumes NO responsibility for CD’s left unclaimed.
10. No Dressing Area will be provided, however, there are restrooms available if needed to change into a costume. Faulkner County Fair Association WILL NOT be responsible for any items left in the restrooms.
11. Contestants under the age of 3 must have a parent on stage or at the edge of the stage. Only one family member is allowed backstage with contestant if needed. No visitors are permitted backstage including:
make-up artists, talent coaches, family, or friends.
12. Any display of bad sportsmanship and/or unbecoming conduct, any interference and/or disturbance, foul language, or any other behavioral problem created by a contestant, parent, relative or supporter of a contestant could result in disqualification of the contestant not only from this year’s pageant but all future contests.
13. There will be no admission to the Talent Competition, however, standard parking fees will apply.
14. No formal rehearsal will be held.
15. The Faulkner County Fair Talent & Pageant Director and or Faulkner County Fair Board reserve the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions and differences in regard thereto, or otherwise arising out of or connected with, or incident to the contest, and the right to amend or add to these rules as their judgement may determine. Any contestant who fails to abide by any of the above rules can be disqualified from the competition by the Faulkner County Fair Talent & Pageant Director or Faulkner County Fair Board.
16. The Faulkner County Fair Association is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property. Please treat the facility with the upmost respect and clean-up after yourself when the event is over.
17. Fair and impartial judges are chosen by the Faulkner County Talent and Pageant Director. Contestant and/or parents are not to approach the judges at any time. Their decision will be final. All contestants are judged on Entertainment Value and Talent. Score sheets will be available 15 minutes after the show at the check-in desk.