Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Jacksonville Humane Society. The Paws & Stripes program is a unique volunteer opportunity exclusively for Active Duty and Military Veterans. We greatly appreciate your military service and your continued selfless commitment to your community and our wonderful shelter pets.
The Paws & Stripes program also offers advanced volunteer opportunities to volunteers in the program that are not available to all JHS volunteers. Paws & Stripes volunteers that show a commitment to the program and volunteer on a regular basis are given the opportunity to assist in facilitating our Afternoon Dog Playgroups. If you are interested in this opportunity, please be sure to click the box below and discuss the Dog Playgroup requirements with the Paws & Stripes Coordinator during orientation.
Here's how the application process works:
1. If you have not already, watch the Volunteer Information Session.
2. Sign up using the form below.
3. You will be contacted within 2 business days regarding your application.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to volunteering at least once a week, for a minimum of 12 weeks. Volunteering at least once a month is required to remain active as a Paws & Stripes volunteer.
- There is a volunteer fee of $30 you must pay at orientation. This includes a volunteer t-shirt, nametag and helps defray JHS volunteer program expenses. If you cannot pay this due to financial constraints please contact the Paws & Stripes Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing this application.
- Most volunteer opportunities require additional training in animal handling and shelter protocols. The Paws & Stripes Coordinator will schedule new volunteers for all required training during the orientation process.
- Court ordered or attorney advised community service CANNOT be completed through this program.