The MADF Scholarship is awarded one time a year. This scholarship money will be available for tuition, books, meal ticket, student fees, and dormitory. Any scholarship award that is not spent will remain with the Foundation. The deadline to receive applications is March 1st of every year. Completed applications received after March 1st will be retained and reviewed at a later date. Incomplete application packets will not be processed.
NOTE: Applicants may request a completed copy of their scholarship application from the scholarship committee at email@example.com.
A committee along with the director will read all scholarship applications and make the final decisions. The selection criteria and procedure is as follows:
All completed applications are initially reviewed by two or more people and assigned a ranking from 1-5 with 5 being the highest priority.
This review process is done independently and then a consensus is reached.
The review process must consider the following:
1. financial need as determined from:
a. an essay narrative included with the application
b. the dollar value of scholarships or grants received/applied for
c. family income
d. medical bills
f. single parent
g. number of people in the household
h. information gleaned from letters of reference
2. test scores to determine eligibility for other grants and scholarships
A final determination is made of how much money is available for scholarships.
A determination of total amount being requested versus the total amount recommended and consensus of this information will be established.
A determination is made to see if the amount of funds available is sufficient to meet the request/recommendation and if not, a purge beginning with the lowest ranking of 1 in order to come within the allotted amount of money.
Student Scholarship Requirements
1. Scholarships will not be granted to undergraduate students taking less than twelve (12) hours during a regular fall and/or spring term unless a special program is involved and which must e explained in great detail and approved. If grades are received for less than the required 12 hours,
funds will be denied for the following semester.
2. If a scholarship is granted for more than one semester. In order for a scholarship to continue as granted for the second, third and fourth semester, the recipient must have an overall C or better average at the end of the semester with no failures. A mark of "I" (incomplete) will hold funds until that mark is clarified as a passing mark. It is the students' responsibility to see that such a mark is clarified before the next semester begins if scholarship money is to be continued.
3. If the scholarship was awarded for multiple semesters, a copy of the grades must be received by due dates.. The due date for spring June 1st and December 23rd for fall. If grades have not been received by those dates, the Foundation must be informed in writing prior to those dates. There will be no reminders or calls to ask about grades.
4. Failure to meet the grade requirements, or to successfully carry a minimum of 12 hours, (undergraduate/regular semesters), or to send in grades by the due dates will result in a student being placed on probation or losing their scholarship. The student will be notified in writing that their funding has been suspended for one semester and if the student does not comply at the end of that probationary semester their funding will be cancelled.
There are no geographic restrictions on schools students wish to attend. However any school attended must be accredited and/or properly licensed and be willing to accept the conditions required by the Foundation.
Undergraduate student scholarships are for the spring and fall terms only. However, if circumstance exist that require the student to attend summer term they must request it in writing no later than May 1st.
A copy of the student's award/denial letter from FASFA must be submitted prior to MCEC notifying the student of the scholarship award. If unusual circumstances exist and the student is unable to file for a pell grant, we will take this into consideration and may waive the pell application requirement.