Please make sure to send all letters of recommendation as well as Nominator cover letter to John Lanham, Vice President of Demont Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations will be considered and ranked based on the responses to the following criteria:
▲ (0-30 points) Description of the Scope of Project and Results Achieved:
• (0-5) Purpose for which the youth raised funds. (Is the cause compelling, relevant and answers an urgent need?).
• (0-5) Number of people involved. (Did they inspire others to participate as a result of their efforts?).
• (0-10) Organizations and the number of people served. (The more people or organizations affected, the higher the score).
• (0-10) How effectively and efficiently the nominee raised funds: process, budget (if relevant), time it took to plan and execute and other people involved in kick starting the process (adult leader or adviser, etc.).
▲ (0-30 points) Amount of Funds Raised:
• (0-15) Dollars raised, for the common good, as a direct result of the youth’s efforts. (More funds raised...better the score.)
• (0-15) Additional funds, direct services and/or resources leveraged by nominee’s efforts.
▲ (0-20 points) Long term (1-2 years) impact of the nominee’s work: will the project(s) be ongoing and has the nominee considered next steps or is working on other projects?
▲ (0-10 points) Evidence that the project(s) can serve as a prototype for others or is easily replicable in other communities.
▲ (0-10) Leadership and communication skills demonstrated. Does the nominee have demonstrated capacity to influence not just his/her hometown donors, but new potential constituents including the AFP professionals and volunteers attending the AFP conference(s) who might be inspired and more informed for better and fresher approaches with their own philanthropic efforts?