Please use this form to request a free youth suicide prevention training for your school or community organization. If you would like to request more than one training, please submit a separate request.
Suicide Prevention Fundamentals Instruction (SPFI)™ Gatekeeper
SPFI™ is a regularly updated, evidence-informed training that addresses the following topics:
- Understanding the suicidal mind and why people die by suicide
- What is true and false about suicide
- State, national, and regional suicide statistics
- Suicide warning signs
- How to ask, and practice asking, the suicide question
- Getting those at risk to help
- How to instill hope and increase protective factors
- Postvention and helping survivors of suicide loss
- The importance of safety and proper messaging
Virtual and in-person options are available. If you are requesting this training for district or school staff, the training is 2.5 hours. The training can be tailored to specific audiences such as law enforcement, hospitals, etc. Depending on the audience and their needs, the training is 1.5 to 5 hours. Only adults 18 years or older may attend this training.
- If you would like to request a training time shorter than the minimum time commitment, please use the "Special Requests" question to explain why.
- Community members are welcome and encouraged to attend trainings.