This Homestay disclaimer applies to all student participants in the C&M homestay program.
1. I understand and assume any and all risks related to my participation in this program, and hereby agree to waive, release and absolve, and to indemnify and hold harmless C&M and its officers, Directors, employees, agents, and independent service providers (including, but not limited to homestay Hosts) from any and all liability for any or all loss or damage howsoever caused, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury, illness or death that may arise from the homestay program or participation in the homestay program.
2. I have read and understood the conditions and guidelines outlined on the C&M website and on ALL C&M documents provided.
3. I understand if I participate in this program that I will possess comprehensive health insurance coverage for medical and emergency. If I become ill, injured, or incapacitated while in homestay, C&M, or the host family may take such actions as any of them considers necessary, including medical treatment for me and I will release C&M from all responsibility and expense.
4. C&M does not assume any responsibility for injuries to Homestay family members or guests, or for damage to property and possessions caused directly or indirectly by the Student.
5. In the event of an extended emergency situation (e.g., extensive influenza penetration of Canadian society), communications related to C&M student homestay placement will be made in accordance with the planning principles utilized by C&M for emergency management (e.g., C&M pandemic plan
Student program participants are responsible for:
1. Reading all information regarding the C&M Homestay Program as outlined in the “Guidelines for Homestay Living”. 2. Agreeing to a minimum Homestay length of 8 weeks, unless otherwise stated in the agreement, starting on the arrival date as stated on his/her “Application Form”. Applications received or deferred requests within 5 business days or less may result in placement changes within C&M discretion. 3. Giving an estimated arrival date on the application form in order for processing to occur. 4. Understanding that a minimum of 72 hours notice is required for airport reception service 5. Agreeing the airport reception fee is non-refundable. 6. Giving the Host Family 2 weeks notice prior to leaving after the initial 8 week Homestay period. 7. Understanding that changes to Homestays will only be made after the initial 4 week period unless extremely special circumstances necessitate a Homestay move. 8. Paying in full to C&M Homestay Agency, the invoiced amount, prior to his/her arrival OR no later than the 3banking day after rd his/her arrival, and understanding that this payment is non-refundable. 9. Agreeing to pay the 2 week penalty fee of $350 in the event of cancellation of this Homestay Agreement without 2 weeks notice prior to his/her scheduled arrival date or failure to pay the full, initial 4 week Homestay fee. 10. Continuing to make Homestay payments to C&M Homestay Agency, if the student wishes to extend the time in Homestay beyond the initial agreed period. Payments must be made 2 weeks in advance; please refer to your payment schedule. 11. Not smoking in the Host Family's house. 12. Not using the Host Family's telephone line to make long distance calls unless the call is made through an international calling card. If long distance calls are made through the LAN line, the student agrees to pay the full amount of the long distance charges incurred as a result of that phone call. 13. Inviting guests into the Homestay only with prior knowledge of and permission from the Host Family. 14. Discussing with the Host Family, the rules specific to his/her Homestay and abiding by these rules. 15. Respecting the privacy and belongings of the Host Family and any other International Students who may also live in the home. 16. Having current, complete and extensive health insurance. 17. Understanding that while he/she may not be matched exactly as requested, in every case, C&M Homestay Agency will make every effort to provide the most appropriate Homestay available to the Student. 18. Complying with all the terms and conditions as outlined in this agreement. Failure to follow any of the above mentioned terms and conditions may result in the Student having to leave the Homestay, at his/her own expense.
NOTE: A parent must assume all responsibility for any student below the age of 18 years. All students under 18 must present Custodianship documents before being registered at C&M upon arrival.