The volunteers across the state of Louisiana are truly the heart of the association. Recognize and thank that special person you know who goes above and beyond for all children, the one who acts as a tireless advocate for children’s education, health, and well-being by honoring them with a Volunteer of the Year Award. This award recognizes a Local PTA Volunteer who has made a positive impact on the school and its children. This special person does not need to be the person who logs the most volunteer hours or is a PTA Executive Board member. Letters of recommendation are not required but will be accepted and considered if submitted.
Recognize your very best! Think of the people whom your PTA might like to honor with a Volunteer of the Year Award— people who care about children and have spent their life caring about and devoted to the service of children and youth:
• A PTA leader, past or present
• The quiet, reliable, unassuming volunteer
• An outstanding teacher—perhaps one who is retiring this year
• A senior citizen who serves as a volunteer in the school
• A school crossing guard who ensures the children get to school safely for years
• A police officer or juvenile protection worker
• A legislator who has worked for laws benefiting children
The winner will be announced on March 25, 2023.