II. Who We Are
a. History (BGCA & BGCRC)
b. Mission Statement
1. “To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.”
c. Club Code
1. “I believe in God and the right to worship according to my own faith and religion. I believe in America, and the American way of life, the constitution and the Bill of Rights. I believe in fair play, honesty, and sportsmanship. I believe in my Boys & Girls Club, which stands for all of these things.”
d. Impact Areas (of programming)
1. Good Character & Citizenship
2. Academic Success
3. Healthy Lifestyles
e. Explanation of our structured programming
1. We provide activities and programs that are age appropriate (members grouped according to grades)
2. Members rotate to program areas according to a specific program/event schedule
3. Staff members stay with their groups, supervise and facilitate
4. Members are encouraged to try new activities and take advantage of new experiences
II. Membership Requirements
a. Youth must be between the ages of 5-18 (5 & 6 year olds must be in kindergarten - kindergarten ready does not qualify.)
b. Completed application, with all necessary emergency contacts & information
c. $40.00 membership fee (Membership expires on May 19, 2023)
III. Days/Hours of Operation and Fees
a. We are open Monday-Friday from afterschool dismissal - 6:30pm
b. WEEKLY FEES: (afterschool) $40/week
1. Multi sibling discounts apply
2. NEW: $5 additional fee per child for full days out of school (teacher in-service days, holidays, etc.)
3. $85/week for school breaks (Fall, Winter and Spring Breaks) – sign up in advance
4. Weekly fees are to be paid 1 week in advance in order to maintain a spot in our program
5. Fees are to be paid regardless of attendance
6. Two one-week vacations are permitted without payment or loss of spot in the after-school program
7. If a member leaves the program, 2 weeks’ notice and payment is required
c. LATE FEES: Any member who is picked up after closing will be subject to a fee of $1/per minute/per child. These fees must be paid in full before the member returns to the Boys & Girls Clubs.
IV. Club Membership Cards
a. Members well receive a membership card. The first card is issued at no cost. However, there is a fee of $2 for each replacement card.
b. All members must bring their membership card every day, as well as sign in/out every day. Participation in Club activities and programs will be limited in the event that a member forgets or loses their card; however, they must still sign in at the front desk.
V. After School Transportation
a. Members will be dismissed from school as “Boys & Girls Club”. They must immediately go to the designated area for pick up.
b. It is the parent’s responsibility to inform the school of their child’s attendance to the Club. They may not be dismissed appropriately otherwise. We only know who is expected to attend based on who is waiting for Club staff/bus to arrive.
c. Because of our VERY tight schedule, if a child is not in place when the Club staff/bus arrives, then it will be assumed that they are not attending the Club that day. If a child is left behind because they were not in their designated pick-up area by the time of departure, the Club bus may not be able to return to pick up that child, and the parent would then need to be available to pick their child up from school.
VI. Membership Expectations
a. Members are expected to follow the directions of and respect all staff, volunteers, and peers. They are also expected to follow the guidelines/rules in each program area at all times.
1. See Club Member Consequence Chart
b. Equipment and property must be handled with care. In the event that a member causes damage, they (parents/guardians) will be subject to repair/replacement fees.
c. The Boys & Girls Clubs implement a “Zero Tolerance” policy for the following behavioral challenges. Violation of this policy will result in an automatic suspension period. Some cases may result in expulsion.
1. Physical altercations and/or threatening the safety of others
2. All Forms of Bullying (see www.stopbullying.gov for additional information)
5. Inappropriate behavior (includes sexual behavior, drugs/tobacco/alcohol, weapons, etc.)
6. Disrespectful attitude towards Staff, volunteers, and/or fellow members
d. Suspension/Expulsion Policy
1. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Rutherford County reserves the right to suspend/expel any member at our discretion. If a member is suspended/expelled at one Club, they will not be permitted to attend another Boys & Girls Clubs of Rutherford County Club Site (Murfreesboro, Smyrna, & Shelbyville) during that period.
e. DRESS CODE: Members may not wear tank tops with straps less than 3 fingers width, open toed shoes, revealing or inappropriate clothing and/or accessories. Pants and shorts must also be worn at the waist and shorts/skirts must be at fingertip’s length.
e. PERSONAL BELONGINGS: The Boys & Girls Clubs are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Toys, dolls, electronics, games, trading/game cards, fidget spinners/cubes, slime, etc. are not permitted at the Club.
f. ELECTRONIC DEVICES: Members are permitted to bring their devices. However, they must be kept out of sight and may not be used while participating in Club activities, unless directed otherwise. Should devices be used without the authorization of staff will result in the device being confiscated until the end of the day. Parents, please refrain from texting and/or calling your children during program hours.
g. PHONE CALLS: Club phones are for emergency purposes only and are limited for use by members.
VII. Safety & Illness
a. The Club will update policies as needed in regards to COVID-19 – information can be found at www.bgcrc.net/safety/
b. Please see out Parent Handbook to review full illness policy
VIII. Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
a. Curb-side: Parents/guardians may pull up to the front of the Club, or park in designated parking spaces, to drop off or pick up their child(ren). Photo identification must be presented at pick-up and your child(ren) much be signed out.
IX. Meals: Snack & Dinner
a. We will offer an afternoon snack and dinner (dinner at Rutherford Clubs only) to members every day during designated scheduled times (times are TBA)
b. Meals must be consumed only in the designated serving areas
X. Parent Information
a. Visitor Policy
1. No adult may pass the front desk/lobby area without properly signing in and receiving credentials
1. Behavioral (needs, challenges, concerns, etc.)
2. Health (physical, emotional & mental) and medication
3. Restrictions & restraints
c. Texting Service
1. Text (message): BGCsmyrna, BGCmboro, or BGCbedford to 88202
XI. Open Discussion/Q & A
XII. Welcome to the Boys & Girls Clubs Family!