TAC incorporates email, phone, and video counseling. Prior to engage in TAC an assessment/consultation will be done to assure that TAC is an appropriate form of counseling. This is to inform you about what you can expect regarding your participation in TAC counseling.
The benefits to TAC counseling are:
1. The ability to expand your choice of service provider.
2. More convenient counseling options including location, time, no driving, etc.
3. Reduces the overall cost and time of therapy due to not having to drive to and from and office.
4. Ability to have real time monitoring and reduces the wait time for scheduling office appointments.
5. Increased availability of services to homebound clients. clients with limited mobility, and clients without convenient transportation options.
It is important to note that there are limitations to TAC counseling that can affect the quality of the session(s). These limitations include but are not limited to the following:
1. We cannot see you, your body language, or your non-verbal reactions to what we are discussing.
2. Due to technology limitations, I may not hear all of what you are saying and may need to ask you to repeat things.
3. Technology might fail before or during the TAC counseling session.
4. Although every effort is made to reduce confidentiality breaches, breaches may occur for various reasons.
5. To reduce the effect of these limitations, we may ask you to describe how you are feeling, thinking, and/or acting in more detail than we would during a face-to-face session. You may also feel that you need to describe your feelings, thoughts, and/or actions in more detail than you would during a face-to-face session.
When provided phone/video-counseling sessions, The clinician will call you at our scheduled time or send you link for our secure and HIPAA compliant video session. We expect that you are available at the scheduled time and are prepared, focused and engaged in the session. We will be calling you from a private location where we are the only person in the room. You also need to be in a private location where you can speak openly without being overheard or interrupted by others to protect your own confidentiality. If you choose to be a in a place where there are people or others can hear you, Anew Life cannot be responsible for protecting your confidentiality. Every effort MUST be made on your part to protect your own confidentiality. We suggest you wear a headset to increase confidentiality and increase
sound quality of our sessions. Please know that Anew Life cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of conversations held via phone, as phone conversations can be intercepted either accidentally or intentionally. Please assure you reduce all possibilities of interruptions for the duration of our scheduled appointment.
During Phone Sessions: If phone connection is lost during your session, Therapist will call you back immediately, two times. If they cannot reach you, they will remain available to you during the entire course of the scheduled session. Should you contact us back and there is time left in your session we will continue. If the reason for a connection loss i.e., technology, your phone battery dying, bad reception, etc. occurs on your part, you will still be charged for the entire session. If the loss for connection is a result of something on our end, we will call you from an alternate number. The number may show up as restricted or blocked please be sure to pick it up.
During Video Sessions: If we lose our connection during a video session, I will call you to troubleshoot the reason we lost connection. If I cannot reach you, I will remain available to you during the entire course of our scheduled session. Should you contact me back and there is time left in your session we will continue. If the reason for a connection loss i.e., technology, battery dying, bad reception, etc. occurs on your part, you will still be charged for the entire session. If the loss for connection is a result of something on my end, we can either complete our session via. phone or plan an alternate time to complete the remaining minutes of our session.