Solos/Duets/Trios - Rules and Regulations
1. All solos and duets must be enrolled with Dance Aberdeen in the group genre of the style they are interested in taking. Some exceptions may apply, but only at the discretion of the instructor and the approval of the board(example a group genre is not available to the student)
2. Payments are payable to the Dance Aberdeen. Costs include teacher fees, costumes, and competition fees and are as follows:
Solos - $300/dancer for a minimum of 3 hours of instruction
Duets - $200/ dancer for a minimum of 3 hours of instruction
Trios - $200/ dancer for a minimum of 3 hours of instruction
3. By participating in an extra dance please be advised that an invoice will be sent home following registration and acceptance of the duet. Costs will be paid directly to the teacher by the club.
4. A fee of $70 per solo/duet/trio must be paid prior to October 15 to ensure costumes are ordered if required. In the event that a costume is not required and you are providing your own, a fee of $70 per solo/duet/trio will be deducted off of your invoicing. ALL COSTUMES MUST BE APPROVED BY THE INSTRUCTOR
5. Video-taping is mandatory for each private lesson your child attends. A camera or video-camera is acceptable. Please bring the camera to each lesson, or have someone bring a phone for taping in the last 5-10 minutes of each lesson. This helps your child practice at home!!
6. Remember to remind your child that it is their responsibility to be practicing between lessons and ensure they spend adequate time practicing their number. Spending a minimum of 2 hours a week of practice time! In the event that the child does not practice, It is up to the teacher’s discretion if you will only be allowed to perform your routine at the recital, not competitions. You will also not be refunded your fees .
7. E-mail and facebook is the main method of communication. It is your responsibility to make sure you are keeping informed of when lessons are scheduled. Schedules for private lessons will always be posted at the dance studio.