OUT OF NOWHERE COMPETITION RULES & APPLICATION
1. Entry to the competition is free of charge - but participants must cover all costs incurred by travel and accommodation.
2. Battle of the Bands is open to both solo musicians and bands of all genres.
3. At least TWO songs performed per act must be original material.
4. No members of an act can exceed 25 years of age or be younger than 12 years of age.
5. To be eligible, the majority of band members must reside in either of the following shires - Strathbogie, Campaspe, Great Shepparton, Greater Bendigo, Mitchell, Murrindindi, Mansfield or Benalla.
6. Any performers aged under 16 will require signed guardian permission to enter the competition. A permission form will be provided to the performer on their sign up for the event.
7. Performances must be appropriate for viewing by a young audience.
8. Only one entry is allowed per act.
9. No more than half of any acts’ members can perform in any other act performing at the event. (Solo and duo artists are exempt.) Entrants performing in more than one act can only accept one prize.
10. All acts will be provided with a time limit for their set in the lead up to the event, not including set up and changeover times.
11. All acts must adhere to their performance time. Event officials will give each act a warning 2 minutes before the end of their performance. If an act exceeds their set time their judges’ score will be reduced.
12. Performers will be given 5 minutes either side of their performance to set up and pack up any equipment they bring on stage with them.
13. Judging: the winning performances will be decided by three independent judges.
14. Winning acts will be announced at the end of the event. Gift voucher prizes will be provided on the night. Performance opportunity prizes will be negotiated with the winning act after the event.
15. The Strathbogie Shire FReeZA Crew and event officials reserve the right to refuse competition entry. Reason will be provided in the event entry is refused.
16. Some backline equipment will be provided for your use during the performance if requested. This includes a full PA (including mics), drumkit, guitar and bass amplifiers. You may use your own snare drum, kick pedal, hi-hats and cymbals. All performers are responsible for their own equipment and no responsibility will be taken by the event organisers for any damaged or lost equipment. If you have questions / requests about the stage set up,
please contact the email@example.com advance to discuss. Use of private equipment will be at the team’s discretion. It is important that all equipment is to be tested and tagged, as well clearly labelled; suitable verification is required for equipment collection.
17. No pass outs will be available to ANYONE during the event - including performers (as per FReeZA guidelines)
18. The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into on the night or thereafter.
19. All performers must comply with the event’s COVID plan. If a member of your act is sick, awaiting the results of a COVID test, or has been ordered to self-isolate, they are not permitted to attend the event.
20. The Strathbogie Shire FReeZA Crew – Icetranaughts are funded through the Victorian Government-funded FReeZA program promoting safe all-ages events. A high standard of behaviour is expected from all artists and
personnel who are involved. This includes:
- Respecting the fact that all FReeZA events are entirely drug, alcohol and smoke-free.- Refraining from coarse language, racism, sexism or referring to drugs or alcohol from stage.
- Working with security staff and event managers in matters of crowd control and safety.
- Artists not coming in direct and unsupervised individual contact with young people.
Contravention of the above behaviours could result in immediate disqualification, at the discretion of the FReeZA worker present on the night. In addition to the above behavioural clause, there may be other venue and event
specific directives that the FReeZA worker will provide at the band briefing.