Lesson Requirements 2023:
1. Please bring a water bottle.
2. Riders must wear breeches or riding tights- these can be purchased at Doversaddlery.com, Smartpak.com, or any other equestrian clothing site.
3. Riders must wear English riding boots- riders may use Paddock Boots, but riders over 12 must either accompany their Paddock Boots with Half Chaps, or wear Tall Boots. Boots must be properly fitted; charts can be found on both tack websites listed above. Western/Cowboy boots will not be allowed.
4. Riders must purchase their own ASTM approved riding helmet. If you choose to show, black helmets will be required.
Rules 1, 2, and 3 are for the safety of our riders. Neither pieces of equipment need to be expensive, and can be purchased used. Please do not purchase used helmets.
5. Riders must have their hair contained by a ponytail holder, if their hair is long enough to go in one.
6. Lessons are 1-1.5 hours, but may run long. If you arrive later than 15 minutes without notice, your lesson is subject to being forfeited. Furthermore, if you arrive late we cannot add time to your lesson.
7. We are a facility dedicated to committed and passionate equestrians. Equestrian sports is not a seasonal activity, and good riders ride year round. For this reason, we do not hold any inactive lesson spots.
8. Instructor's phone numbers will not be given out. If you need to contact someone, our farm owner's number is publicly posted to be easily contacted.
Barn Rules and Information 2023:
1. Please wear closed toe shoes.
2. While we love having parents present, please avoid distracting the riders during the lesson. Please do not enter the rings unless there is an emergency. Sideline coaching will not be tolerated.
3. Parents are not allowed in the wash racks during lessons, except for emergency cases. Parents are always welcome to be present, we just ask that you sit at the picnic table or bench, and do not interfere with the instruction.
4. Be kind to the horses. We do not allow any physical correction to the horses without explicit instruction from the instructor.
5. Be kind to others. This barn will tolerate no drama, or unfriendly competition.
6. Please clean up after yourself, and your horse. Hose or sweep out wash racks when you are done, throw away your trash, pick up your belongings, and pick up your horses' poop. Please do not leave your tack in the wash rack area.
7. Visitors are always welcome, but please keep an eye on your friends. While our horses are kind, please understand that they are animals, and wandering visitors will not be allowed. Please keep your visitors out of the barn area during lessons- visitors may sit on the picnic bench and watch.
8. Please park in the gravel parking lot, as grass is difficult and expensive to maintain. Do not drive to the riding arenas unless in case of emergency.
9. Dogs are allowed if they are kept on leash, good with cats/dogs/strangers/horses, and UTD on vaccines. Disruptive dogs will be asked to leave.
10. Do not chase our cats! If they do not wish to be petted, please leave them alone.
11. This is a barn- while our horses are very kind and well trained, if you stay long enough you will get bitten/kicked/stepped on/fall off. This is a sport, and no sport comes without its own risks.
12. No running or yelling- this is a barn, not a playground.
13. Please respect the facility and do not drive quickly, as we have horses, cats, dogs, and children of varying sizes.
14. If you need to reschedule your lesson, our make up time will be available Saturdays. We do not offer make ups for lessons canceled within 24 hours or no shows. If we have to cancel your lesson due to trainer conflict or bad weather, you will be offered another spot during the month.
15. Lessons that are stormed out are subject to becoming a "ground lesson" in the barn, and count as a lesson from your package. This is up to trainer discretion. 10% of being in equestrian is spent in the saddle, the other 90% is at the barn.
16. Lessons do not roll over, and are only good for the month you have paid for. If you are out of town for a portion of the month, consider riding multiple times on the weeks you are here. We do not offer refunds, for any reason.
17. Riders must wear a shirt- only wearing a sports bra is unsafe at the barn.
18. Helmets must be worn at all times while mounted.
19. We have a zero tolerance policy for clients purchasing a horse intended for our student without the help of one of our trainers- horse shopping without a professional can be extremely dangerous. It's our job, so let us help you!
20. The online lesson schedule opens on the 25th for the proceeding month- lesson bookings are first come, first serve.
21. Lesson times are subject to change. Since horseback riding is an outdoor sport, we change lesson times with the seasons.