The National BDPA Mobile App Showcase allows high school and college students the opportunity to participate in a competition that tests their talents against others in developing a functional mobile application. The student will design, program, and pitch their own app.
Each student’s projects will be judged in either High School (9-12 grade) or College brackets. Their projects will be assessed by a panel of judges. Scholarships will be awarded to the top high school and college participants.
User Interface – 20% (app design)
User Experience – 20% (practicality, ease of use)
Coding Concepts – 20% (working functionality, code cleanliness)
Pitch Content – 20% (business case)
Pitch Delivery – 20% (presentation, preparedness)
● Must be a high school student or full-time undergraduate college student (maximum age of 25)
● Must be sponsored by their local BDPA chapter. If you aren’t already part of a chapter, we can get you connected.
● Must engage in virtual Mobile App Showcase Discussions and Monthly Check-Ins
● Must be built in code (ex: Swift iOS, Android native environments, React Native Unity, etc.) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure about your preferred programming language.
● Must be completed by the student outside of school work or as a significant extension of a school project.