Discipline will be administered for one or more of the following:
- A child may not disturb or hurt others, verbally or physically.
- A child may not damage equipment or property.
- A child may not place themselves in a dangerous situation.
A child's misconduct will be handeld as follows:
1. First Occurrence: Persistent misbehavior will be discussed with the parent(s) or a written notice will be forwarded to the parent(s) to request a meeting with them to discuss the matter. Parental failure to respond will result in your child being terminated from the NBGC Alterschool Program.
2. Second Occurrence: If a second written notice or meeting is needed due to continual misconduct by the child, it will result in an immediate 3-5 day suspension from NBGC without a refund to the parents.
3. Third Occurrence: Your child will be dropped from the NBGC Afterschool Program when the third notice of inappropriate behavior is documented without a refund to the parents.
The exception to the above process will be if a child becomes physically or verbally abusive to a staff member or puts themselves or someone else in immediate danger. The child's parent(s) will be called immediately, and the child will be terminated from the NBGC Afterschool Program.
Consequences for misbehavior may include restrictions from the program and/or trips without a refund to the parents.