Founders of Black History Month
ASALH: Association for the Study of African American Life and History
ASALH Manasota Branch, Ernestine Harris, Chartering President
The Manasota ASALH Scholarship Program was initiated in 1997. One of the goals of the organization is to support Black youth in the pursuit of their educational aspirations. The awarding of this scholarship is a step in that direction.
ELIGIBILITY: Before you proceed with this application please determine if you qualify to apply and if you have all of the following proper documentation.
The application process may be saved, but you will not be able to submit without all required fields completed. (*)
• Must be a graduating Black high school student who has been admitted to and enrolled in an accredited four (4) year college or university upon receiving the award.
• Must possess a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
• Must include a recent photo, copy of high school transcript, FAFSA Form.
• Must provide three (3) letters of recommendation from non-family members with at least one current from your school. Letters must include addresses and telephone numbers of persons providing the reference.
• Must meet with the Scholarship Committee at agreed interview time prior to final award.