Title: Community Coordinator
Reports to: USTA Kentucky, Paducah Tennis Association & Purchase Area Tennis Association
SUMMARY OF THE POSITIONS PURPOSE:
The Community Coordinator develops, promotes, and manages youth and/or adult recreational tennis programs in the Western Kentucky Region including but not limited to: Marshall, McCracken, Graves and Calloway County. The coordinator establishes cooperative relationships with local schools, tennis facilities, and other organizations to create recreational beginner level or social programming and establishes a network of tennis providers. Travel is required for this position and the coordinator will receive a stipend or reimbursement.
· SAFESPORT APPROVAL: Coordinator must complete USTA’s SafeSport Course and be approved in the system.
· SKILLS: Ability to expand the base of programs & providers. Administrative skills needed to successfully manage programs.
· OTHER REQUIREMENTS: A team first attitude and ability to work with others. Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential. Flexible schedule is needed, some weekends or evenings are required.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Identify successful recreational programs: schools, community, or adult recreation/beginner
· Set up and manage programs
· Must be able to set up record keeping of programs and all participants (I.e. USTA’s Serve Tennis Platform)
· Quarterly check in calls with USTA Kentucky’s Manager of Community Tennis, Maddie Notoris
· Create marketing and promotional materials for upcoming programs
· Identify program locations
· Identify program coaches
· Recruit program participants
· Ability to partner with Community Tennis Associations and other organizations & individuals to achieve mutually beneficial results
· Monthly check in with CTA
Note: This position is a grant funded position with a maximum of 3 years.