August 20, 2022 – Bridgetown Open Pairs Tournament
Open Tournament – participants do not have to be members of the Portland Lawn Bowling Club. They should have some experience playing the game.
Pairs Tournament – Pairings for this tournament will be the choice of the participants. If at all possible, please register as a pair. If you are an individual registering, we will try to find pairing for you.
Starting at ~10am; 4 games of 8 ends (10am, 11:30am; 12:30pm, 2:00pm) (depending how many bowlers show up). Lunch after the 10am game for 30 minutes (bring your own lunch). Tournament should end about 4pm.
Format – Australian Pairs (2-4-2)
Australian Pairs allows both people on a team to play Lead and Skip.
· In the first end of the game the Leads start off with 2 Bowls each.
· Then the Skips play their 4 Bowls.
· Then the Leads complete the end with their final 2 Bowls.
· Thus, the Leads act as Lead and Skip in the same end.
In the Next End the roles are reversed.
· The Skips playing First with their Two Bowls.
· Then the Leads play their 4 Bowls.
· Then the Skips complete the End with their final 2 Bowls.
· This alternating pattern continues throughout the game.
Tournament Tie breakers (if ties on win points): (1) Head to head winner. (2) plus points (1 plus point for every 5 point margin, max of 2 plus points); (3) Pts for; (4) Pts against; (5) coin flip.
Entrance fee shall be $20 per person, payable prior to draw
Entrance Fees will be paid out in the following order:
i. First: Tournament Expenses
ii. Winner Team gets 60% of the pot
iii. Runner-up Team gets 40% of the pot