Pickens County High School will:
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards as follows:
Provide a safe and productive learning environment for all students Hold PTO meetings monthly Keep web pages and Inow home portal updated Use current materials and data to enhance instruction Incorporate technology into the weekly lessons
2. Hold parent-teacher conferences (at least annually in elementary schools) during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. Specifically, those conferences will be held:
PTO meetings will be held once a month
3. Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress. Specifically, the school will provide reports as follows:
Progress reports will be sent out every three weeks and parents will have access to the INOW portal to view grades and other pertinent information.
Pickens County High School will use a variety of the following methods:
- Progress reports
4. Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Specifically, staff will be available for consultation with parents as follows:
- Teachers will provide their available days and hours during planning or after school on the school website and syllabus so that parents can call to schedule a conference time.
- Faculty and staff will ensure to bring proper documentation of the student’s progress academically and/or socially for conference.
- Counselors will provide parents with scheduling sessions/calendars upon request