Before Federated Rural Electric can begin any underground construction (communication cable, fiber or pole installation, removal, repair or relocation), we require the property owner to accurately locate and clearly mark all private facilities and equipment in the proposed construction path. Some of that infrastructure may include but not limited to are: sprinkler systems, natural gas/propane lines, sewer, or water lines, drain tiles, underground electrical wiring, lawn lighting or underground pet fencing, etc. Also, any power lines beyond your meter must be identified.
Federated Rural Electric agrees to;
- Contact Gopher One Call before any underground construction begins. This will locate the facilities of utilities but not the private lines mentioned above.
- Cut, plow and install telecommunications cable down a line across the property described below and using a reasonable area of land adjoining the actual line of construction to drive, move and operate the construction equipment necessary to complete this installation.
- Use reasonable care when entering and leaving the property and while on the property and to perform its work in compliance with normally accepted telecommunications industry construction practices and safety standards.
- Restore the soil, or other surface, covering over the installed cable or telecommunications line within a reasonable time and in a skillful fashion.
Homeowner/Property Owner agrees to;
- Allow Federated access to the property, and exercise prudent and reasonable care by identifying and/or removing any potential hazards located on the property.
- Give Federated the right to install buried telecommunications and other telecommunications related facilities across, though, under or upon the property and, if necessary, grant Federated an easement, prepared at Company expense, across the property.
- You recognize that all telecommunications facilities located on this property are the property of Federated.
- You agree to locate, mark and clearly identify all private facilities prior to the start of underground construction activities. You understand that failure to locate and mark all facilities could result in damage to those facilities.
- You understand that, in the event of damage to facilities that you did not clearly locate and mark, Federated Rural Electric is not responsible and you agree to hold Federated Rural Electric harmless for any damage to any such facilities.
By completing this form, you are agreeing to move forward with installing Federated Broadband.
NOTE - Please fill in all entry fields before submitting this form. If the question does not apply to you write “NA” in that field. Thank you.