1. Children are responsible to be in the pick-up area at their school or on their assigned bus on time. Our drivers are not allowed to go into the school to look for children. We are not responsible for your child until they have been released to our driver (if riding a BGC van); or enter the Club either directly from the school (onsite clubs - Martinez and TJ Jones) or off the school bus. If your child misses the van or the bus because they were not where they were supposed to be it is the parents' responsibility to pick-up their child from the school.
2. Cell phones are not allowed to be used at the Club. If a cell phone is seen, the member will be asked to put it away. If he/she refuses or has it out again, it will be taken up and stored in the office until pick up time. It is the member's responsibility to ask for the phone back at the end of the day.
3. Participation in the Afterschool program does not guarantee a spot in our Summer program. Nor does attending our Summer program guarantee a spot in our Afterschool program. A new application will have to be completed for each program each year.
4. Member and contact addresses and phone numbers must be updated when they change for the safety of your child(ren).
5. Only members are allowed in the Club. Doors will remain locked during Afterschool hours.
6. All members must sign in with the greeter as they enter each day.
7. Appropriate clothing will be worn: Closed toe shoes only (No flip flops or sandals - we will be very active inside and outside and proper footwear is required for your child's safety). No halter tops, spaghetti straps, strapless tops, or shirts with inappropriate messages or logos; No bare midriffs; shorts must be of modest length, and no undergarments should be seen.
8. Members may not enter staff’s offices without first knocking and waiting until asked to come in. A member may never go into an office without a staff person.
9. Members should show pride in the Club by keeping it clean. Food will be eaten only in designated areas. When finished eating he/she needs to clean up his/her area.
10. Gang colors and weapons are not allowed in or near our Club.
11. Profanity in the Club is not allowed.
12. All injuries or accidents must be reported immediately to staff.
13. Any issues with other Club members must be brought to the attention of a staff member. Members should not retaliate or take matters into their own hands. Staff are there to help guide the resolution of an issue in positive ways. Retaliation of any kind could result in suspension.
14. The Club telephone is to be used ONLY for business calls and emergencies (i.e. injuries, illness). Calls for Club members are discouraged, but messages will be taken. Members must ask to use the telephone.
15. Members who require constant attention or discipline will be asked to leave the Club.
16. Any member who engages in violent or delinquent behavior (including “play” fighting) will be subject to disciplinary action including suspension. This includes fighting, stealing, using abusive language, etc.
17. Members must treat the staff and other Club members with respect.
18. B&GC discourages bringing personal items to the Club. If a member chooses to bring personal items they must be placed in the designated area. Members must never take or go through another member’s belongings. Stealing will not be tolerated!
THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF ABILENE, INC. AND ITS STAFF ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL ITEMS BROUGHT TO THE CLUB. The member assumes the risk of loss or breakage of any personal item brought into the Club.