This Parent/Guardian Agreement portion of this form comprises three sections: General Terms; Privacy Notice and Consent; and Assumption of Risk / Waiver / Indemnity and Release of Claims (collectively called the “Agreement”).
Other definitions used in the Agreement:
“The Hub” refers to The Hub Community Group LLC, t/a The Hub.
“Friday Forum" (Fall 2022 Session #1) runs on Fridays from 10:30am – 12:30pm ET, from October 7 - 28, 2022.
“Friday Forum" (Fall 2022 Session #2) runs on Fridays from 10:30am – 12:30pm ET, from November 11 - December 9, 2022 (not including November 25, due to the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday).
“The Hub Activities” refers to all activities operated, conducted or prepared by The Hub as part of participation in The Hub's "Friday Forum" (Fall 2022 Session #1 and/or Fall 2022 Session #2).
“Participant” refers to the child registered to participate in The Hub Activities.
Please read all three sections of The Agreement carefully and completely before completing your registration.
Section I: General Terms
1. "Friday Forum" (Fall 2022 Session #1) and "Friday Forum" (Fall 2022 Session #2) tuition is as follows: The tuition is $180 if enrolling in only one session, or $320 if enrolling in both sessions (or a lower amount that has been agreed upon in writing, if the full amount is deemed to be prohibitive), with a 10% discount for a second (or third, etc.) sibling. The tuition must either be paid in full before the Participant can secure an enrollment spot and begin participating in The Hub Activities, or a monthly payment plan must be requested and agreed upon in writing, and the first month’s payment must be sent before the Participant can secure an enrollment spot and begin participating in The Hub Activities. Payment can be made by PayPal (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, upon receipt of invoice).
2. Refund policy:
First day “not a good fit after all” opt-out clause: The Hub strives to enroll only Participants for whom The Hub Activities are a good fit, and for whom The Hub's culture is a good fit for the Participants and their parents/guardians. But in the unlikely event that either The Hub or the Participant or the Participant's parent/guardian decides that it is not a good match, within one day of the first-ever enrolled and attended session date, the remaining obligations of both parties will be discharged, and any amount paid for the rest of the term will be refunded.
Other cancellations: If The Hub Activities must be cancelled for any reason by The Hub, a pro-rated refund will be issued for any cancelled days. If the Participant cannot participate in The Hub Activities for any other reason, The Hub cannot offer a refund for missed days.
3. Requirements: In consideration of the Participant being allowed to participate in The Hub Activities, it is agreed that:
The Participant needs to have a working computer (a full computer is strongly recommended, versus a tablet, which loses some functionality) with a webcam, microphone, Internet browser, Zoom software, and access to Google Docs, as well as a working knowledge of how to use these tools, and a willingness to learn and use other software applications as well, some of which will also require the Participant or a parent or legal guardian to create an account with an email address and password (e.g., Milanote). The Participant will also be expected to provide any additional materials/services the Participant may need to complete chosen projects (most projects are not expected to require materials beyond commonly found items, such as a notebook, pens/pencils, and basic art and craft materials; projects that require more elaborate materials or services will be vetted with a parent/guardian first, to ensure they are willing to supply the necessary materials/services, or that The Hub can arrange to provide them instead).
The Participant, their parent/guardian, and any other family members that interact with The Hub or The Hub's other Participants (via Zoom, via The Hub's communications portal on Basecamp, or via any other electronic or other means) will need to be good citizens during these interactions, as follows:
Post and participate online responsibly, and in a manner that is considerate of others. The Hub has zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or discrimination of any kind, including cyberbullying, which includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else, or sharing personal/private information about someone else. At The Hub’s discretion, bullying, harrassment or discrimination of any kind may result in expulsion from The Hub Activities without a refund.
Being mindful of privacy settings and online safety.
If the Participant's tuition is being offset by grant funds, the adult signing this agreement and the Participant agree (if requested by the grant organization) to participate in the grant organization's focus group(s) and to provide the grant organization any other feedback that organization may request about the program.
Section II: Privacy Notice and Consent
1. If a Participant is under the age of 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires The Hub to provide parental/guardian notification and obtain parental/guardian consent before collecting personal information from the Participant. In order for the Participant to participate in The Hub Activities, certain personally identifying information, including the Participant’s first name, last name, mailing address and email address must be provided to The Hub.
Section III: Assumption of Risk / Waiver / Indemnity and Release of Claims
1. I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Participant, and I confirm that all information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
2. I hereby give my approval for the Participant to participate in The Hub Activities.
3. I also acknowledge that I understand that The Hub Activities involve risks. I understand that although The Hub takes precautions to provide proper organization of The Hub Activities, it is not possible for The Hub to guarantee absolute safety from risks that include physical and emotional harm. Although The Hub facilitates or moderates some of The Hub Activities, there might be periods of time when the Participant will be online or offline without an adult moderator or facilitator supervising their actions. During the micro-academy meeting hours, instances when this might happen include, but are not limited to, while working on something with a webcam turned off and/or the sound muted, and while in a videoconference room with just other Participants who are engaged in activities either individually or as a group. In general, to mitigate risks, the Participant will have to be able to slow down, stay organized, manage their safety, and know how to contact a parent or other responsible adult who can provide additional assistance if needed.
4. I assume all risk and hazards incidental to the conduct of The Hub Activities, and release, absolve and hold harmless The Hub and all its respective officers, agents, subsidiaries, contractors and representatives from any and all liability for injuries to the Participant arising out of participating in The Hub Activities.
5. I hereby grant permission to The Hub or a third party designated by The Hub to photograph and capture video and audio of the Participant during The Hub Activities. The Hub may use such images and recordings, without compensation and without time limitations, for any educational, promotional, archival, or other standard organizational purpose, worldwide, in any media including social media platforms now known or later developed.
6. I acknowledge that the Participant has no expectation of privacy while participating in The Hub Activities. (The Hub recommends that parents/guardians of Participants encourage Participants not to electronically post information that the Participant or the family might want kept private.)
By submitting this form, I certify that I have read and understood all three sections of this Agreement, and have voluntarily signed the same.