Below are brief descriptions of the role of each Serve Team.
Parking: Responsible for parking visitors' cars in a safe and effective manner.
Golf Cart Team: Responsible for driving visitors to the front door that are unable to assist themselves.
Hospitality Team: Responsible for set-up, distribution, and clean-up of coffee on Sunday mornings. Being a part of this team includes assisting in other events outside of Sunday Service such as worship nights, church luncheons, fundraising events, etc.
Connections Team: Includes the Welcome Team, Farewell Team, and Connect Center Team.
- Welcome Team: Responsible for setting up the Welcome Sign, holding the outdoor and sanctuary doors prior to service, and greeting everyone with a smile.
- Farewell Team: Responsible for holding the outdoor and sanctuary doors after service, saying goodbye to everyone leaving, and sweeping the sanctuary for connection cards and trash.
- Connect Center Team: Responsible for managing the Information Desk, handling sales, sign-ups, and answering questions.
Kids' Ministry: Areas of opportunity include becoming a Small Group Leader, assisting with Kids' Check-In, and joining Set-Up/Break Down Team.
- Small Group Leader: Assist in small groups with craft, games, and bible study activities.
- Kids’ Check-In: Monitor families checking in their children at the kiosks.
- Set-Up/Break Down Team: Help set up and/or break down Base Camp in the Impact Center before and after service.
Student Ministry: Areas to serve include managing the Student Sign-In Station, joining the Student Event Hospitality Team, and becoming a Student Leader.
- Student Sign-In Station: Greeting and assisting regular attending students with signing-in on Wednesday nights, as well as assisting new students with creating profiles in order to sign-in. This is important so that we can account for each student, follow up with them and keep them updated on what's coming up.
- Student Leader: Building relationships with students during open gym, worship, the message, as well as other student and church events. You will also help lead group games and assist with small group nights. The ultimate goal is to be a Christlike example for students to look up to and have fun!
- Event Hospitality: Stewarding the gifts God has given you for student events and gatherings, or even helping students ministry with financial contributions.
Worship Ministry: Worship Ministry exists to create spaces for God to be glorified, honored, and welcomed through song. It consists of a team of talented musicians and singers who are called to use their gifts to make much of Jesus. Must be able to sing or play an instrument, expected to be at church no later than 8:30am on Sundays when serving, and responsible for learning the content of the music within the weekly setlist.
Tech/Production: Responsible for helping the "behind-the-scenes" aspects of worship services come to life. Audio, visual, and lighting elements are included in tech/production. Volunteers who desire to serve in this area can be novice or experienced in AVL, as we are happy to train anyone willing to serve.
Women's Ministry: Assist in decorating, setting up, and breaking down for Bible Studies, get-togethers, and service projects.
Men's Ministry: Assist in hosting regular serve days, annual trips/retreats, dinners, and other connect events.