“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord.” - 1 Corinthians 12:4
The election of church officers is at the heart of what it means to be Presbyterian. The Nominating Committee invites you to give prayerful thought to any person—including yourself—who has been a member of Fourth Presbyterian Church for one year. We welcome remote and in person particpation.
As you consider submitting your recommendations
- learn more about the different officer positions before recommending by clicking here.
- consider Fourth Church’s Strategic Directions (add link)
- be mindful of Fourth Church and Chicago Lights commitment to diversity of race, gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, and abilities
- members who attend virtually are also welcome
- remember: a nomination introduces the committee to prospective condidates but does not ensure election.
Officer recommendations are submitted to the Nominating Committee for discernment. Please note that submitting a recommendation does not guarantee actual nomination to a church office.
To be eligible for officer positions, individuals recommended must have been members of Fourth Presbyterian Church for at least one year, and have a demonstrable history of financial stewardship.
Questions and concerns not covered in this form can be directed to the Nominating Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
2022-2023 Nominating Committee members:
Jeannine Forrest (Chair)
Lucy Forster-Smith (Senior Associate Pastor)