1. No one is allowed on the range under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance.
2. No loaded firearms are to enter or exit the building. All magazines and speed loaders must be unloaded. Loaded firearms at firing line only. No firearms are permitted in the store area without being in a locked container.
3. Firearms may be inspected at the check-in counter at the request of MARSHALL SECURITY TRAINING ACADEMY & RANGES’s staff. Any firearms or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will not be allowed onto the range.
4. All handguns, rifles and shotguns are subject to approval.
5. Two shooters are allowed per lane. No spectators allowed in the shooting bay. All persons entering the range will be charged accordingly.
6. Eye and ear protection must be worn at ALL TIMES on the range.
7. Unauthorized targets are not permitted on the range. Minimum size for targets is 24” x 21”. Shooting at anything other than your own target is strictly prohibited.
8. No head shots for inexperienced shooters. Shots must be a minimum of 15” below the target hangers.
9. Wearing or drawing from a holster is only permitted for law enforcement, military and MARSHALL SECURITY TRAINING ACADEMY & RANGE approved civilians who have passed an efficiency test with an MARSHALL SECURITY TRAINING ACADEMY & RANGE representative/RSO.
10. The muzzle of all firearms must be kept pointed downrange at all times. If leaving the range temporarily, leave all firearms on the firing line unloaded with the action open and the muzzle pointing downrange. The following gun handling rules must be obeyed at all times:
A. Always keep your gun pointed down range
B. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
C. Always keep action open and firearm unloaded until ready to shoot
D. Identify your target and what is behind the target
E. Be sure gun is safe to operate
F. Know how to use the gun safely
G. Use only correct ammunition for your specific gun
H. Unload, open the action, remove the magazine and bench all firearms during a cease-fire
11. All firearms must arrive and leave the range in a case. No uncased firearms may leave the shooting booth area.